Useful Links
Forum Rules
Please read the forum rules before posting. If you have any questions, contact a moderator.

Pet Mouse Info
Links to help you find all the care info threads throughout the forum.

Cage Calculator
Find out how many mice will fit in your cage or tank.

Contact
Use this link if you need to get in touch with the administration team without an account.

FAQ (forum)
Frequently Asked Questions about the forum.

Vetective™
Vetective™ is "a community-driven exotic mammal veterinarian locator and review service."

Pet Adoption
ChatBox

newest addition at Scaredy's Sanctuary

View previous topic View next topic Go down

newest addition at Scaredy's Sanctuary

Post by scaredymouse on Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:08 am

This gentleman mouse has been staying with me because his owner couldn't medicate him.  He's got mites, OCD, he's covered in self inflicted wounds and he's trying to scratch his eyes out.  He was pretty depressed when he got here a week ago but he's really perked up.  I think there's a chance he can overcome this with lots of attention, distraction and enrichment.  His owner loves him but doesnt have the stomach to watch him tear at himself, has difficulty medicating, and feels like he would have a better chance with me.  I can't say no when people ask me to take critters.  I work with a rescue that calls me whenever they get mice, even though I told them too stop it!  Sigh.  I have so many mice in this house!  And this guy is an older mouse, i think about 1.5 years old, so he doesn't have * that* much time left.  I definitely can't say no to an older critter.

Here he is. He'll get a better tank set up this weekend now that he's a permanent resident. The tank below was just his temporary tank but it has lots of cool stuff to do in it and even a foraging wall!

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Sherberta, Gunther, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: newest addition at Scaredy's Sanctuary

Post by CallaLily on Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:23 am

Awwww. I had a feeling he would end up staying with you. You have such a big heart Scaredy! I know he'll do really well with you.

His eyes remind me of Daryl. Bittersweet. girl_sigh Heart

Mouse12
CallaLily

Aquarius Dreaming

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:04 am

he is a little daryl-y isn't he! he's such a nice fella. he'll be happy here... I knew he was really likely to stay when I took him in Wink

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Sherberta, Gunther, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner on Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:57 pm

Aww, he's adorable! I love black and white mice.

Angel Remembering: Violet, Snow, Holly, Lilac, Clover, and Daisy
AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse on Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:24 am

Ah, poor little fella but you'll have him up to par in no time, Scaredy!

MesaMouse

Libra Amused

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top