Help!

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Help!

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner on Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:21 am

That's what I thought. I'm not sure.. It looks really odd. And no, I can't move it at all. It seems... skinnier? If that makes sense? It isn't thick like it used to be. It had to have happened pretty quickly because it has only been a week, and for the past few days it has still looked normal (But she couldn't move it). Then just today I noticed it looking odd and like it was frozen in place.

Edit: Oh, and, do they have to use anesthesia for it or is it just a quick thing and not too risky?

Angel Remembering: Violet, Snow, Holly, and Daisy
AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:32 am

I would hope they use anesthesia!  At the very least they can give her strong pain medications. The tail is very sensitive and highly vascularized, meaning it will bleed a lot.  I think it would be cruel to do it at home without pain medication.

Also the reason it's smaller is that the muscles are starting to atrophy from lack of use.

I think it's time to take the little lady to see the vet about that tail. I don't think that is going to improve.

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Sherberta, Slappy (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner on Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:31 pm

Sorry for being inactive lately! I realised I needed to update! I bring sorta... disturbing but good news! It fell off on it's own! I decided to wait a few days just to see how she did with it before making an appointment, and just as she was beginning to adapt to her tail in this new shape, it began to fall off! She has a little stub like a hamster now. I'm watching her to make sure it doesn't get infected. If I notice anything unusual I will take her to the vet. But she's healthy and happy right now, so I see no reason to. It's kinda disturbing news, but it is also a good thing, as it needed to come off. I honestly don't think she can feel it, she's not appearing to be in any pain and is eating and drinking normally. I still wonder what happened, though. It was very odd.

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:39 am

Um, gross. But I'm glad she's doing well

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Sherberta, Slappy (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner on Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:35 pm

I think she just had another stroke Sad

She was totally fine and super happy to see me this morning, and I just went in the room to see her right now, and I found her not looking so well. I scooped her up, and she tried walking around in my hand, she was able to walk, but was very shaky when walking, just like last time Sad Poor baby. She's eating and drinking though, so I think she's ok otherwise.

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by Mice Are Cute on Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:07 pm

Oh no! I think the first stroke made her more likely to get more. Just keep her comfortable! I would think she would be okay, because she is eating. How is she now?

Mice: Biggy and Grayson
Tail Flip  Tail Flip  Jump Hearts  Tease Mouse29

Remembering: Rainbow Angel Blondie  (Sweetest mouse ever!) 

Other Pets: Hunter (dog) Obi ( Hamster) Abigail and Scarlet (Silkie Chickens)
Mice Are Cute
Sr Member
Sr Member

Bookworm

View user profile http://rodentexpress.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner on Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:12 pm

Mice Are Cute wrote:Oh no! I think the first stroke made her more likely to get more. Just keep her comfortable! I would think she would be okay, because she is eating. How is she now?
Goodness! This mouse can bounce back from anything! Minutes later, after a short nap, she's totally fine now! She's running on the wheel, climbing into my hand, and wanting treats. It must have been just a really minor stroke, so glad she's okay now! Love

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:19 pm

Glad to hear!

scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum