What size water bottle?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What size water bottle?

Post by FluffyTailedNico on Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:46 pm

Hi everyone Smile I'm getting my two girls tommorow and the only thing I don't have is a water bottle.... I bought a holder for a 16 ounce-is that too big? What size water bottle is best for two mice?
FluffyTailedNico

Aquarius Batty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What size water bottle?

Post by scaredymouse on Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:52 am

It won't hurt them! It just takes up more space, really. For my solo boys, I use a 4oz bottle and for my groups of girls, I use an 8oz bottle. An 8oz bottle for 2 girls would probably last 2 weeks! They don't drink that much. But you should be giving them fresh water every day or two and cleaning the bottles at least every week. It's also a good habit to regularly tap the ball on the tip of the spout to make sure its working properly. Sometimes they get stuck and the mice can't get water.

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Sherberta, Gunther, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top