Red stains in bedding!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Red stains in bedding!!

Post by Recasey17 on Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:29 pm

I have two mice, a male and female. Today I was cleaning their cage and found patches of large red stains in some of the pieces of bedding. I don't know if it is blood or dye from their food or treats. Please help!!! [url=https://servimg.com/view/19663602/1]. 04.03.2017

Recasey17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Red stains in bedding!!

Post by scaredymouse on Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:34 pm

That is most certainly blood. Did you check for injuries? Also, why do you have a male and female together... Are you trying to breed them?

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Sherberta, Gunther, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Red stains in bedding!!

Post by River on Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:51 pm

If the male and female are being housed together, is it possible she's giving birth (and possibly having complications)? I don't know much about breeding, or mouse birth for that matter, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!

I would check for injuries and separate them.

Pisces Paranoid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top