Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Constipated 5 please help

Go down

Constipated 5 please help Empty Constipated 5 please help

Post by Anna78 on Fri 28 Apr 2017, 7:17 pm

I have 5, 2 week old wild mice that even with all the massaging and similac seem to have become constipated. I have tried everything I can think of to help but these guys are really really tiny and difficult to hold on to. Anyone ideas?

Anna78

Back to top Go down

Constipated 5 please help Empty Re: Constipated 5 please help

Post by scaredymouse on Fri 28 Apr 2017, 7:39 pm

The babies should really be getting KMR (not similac). KMR is kitten milk replacement and should be diluted 50/50 with water and give to the babies. The thing we recommend to adult mice is Karo syrup, it's corn syrup, I think it would be fine to use on babies that old. I also think switching to KMR with make a big difference, too. Their eyes should be open and they should probably be starting to eat solid foods and this point... try to Karo syrup, it should help. White Karo Syrup is good for bloating, upset tummies, and constipation. Mix equal Karo Syrup and hot water until it's completely dissolved. I think it's in the baking aisle at the grocery store.

Have you read our wild mouse packet:

https://www.petmousefanciers.com/t4-wild-mouse-mice-care-and-information

Other pets: Little Buddy, Kevin (cats) Sherberta, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, Harold, Spike, Mia, Mim, Henrietta(hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas), Herman/Figaro Whooopers/Burlington (guinea pigs)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Anna78 on Fri 28 Apr 2017, 7:54 pm

Their eyes are open and they have already been started on solids. I'm sure that is what is causing their constipation.

Anna78

Back to top Go down

Post by Adyra78 on Sat 29 Apr 2017, 1:54 am

Okay so Karo syrup has been sipped by all 5 even though one wanted to be a rebel about it. I had decent results with getting a small(to be honest, tiny) amount from 4 of them but I know there is much more than what they would give up. How long should it take to see results from the syrup?

Adyra78

Alienated

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Sat 29 Apr 2017, 8:42 pm

The only time I ever used it, it worked within a matter of hours. Hopefully your problem has resolved by now and there were little poops everywhere!

Other pets: Little Buddy, Kevin (cats) Sherberta, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, Harold, Spike, Mia, Mim, Henrietta(hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas), Herman/Figaro Whooopers/Burlington (guinea pigs)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by Adyra78 on Fri 05 May 2017, 12:10 pm

I want to thank you greatly for your help with my babies. Four if them are now eating and potty-ing on their own thanks to your speedy remedy. They have gotten so big this past week and I spend ever waking minute enjoying their sweet little selves. Sadly the tiniest of them didn't make it but it does happen. I'm thankful that 4 of them made it and grateful to scaredymouse for caring.

Adyra78

Alienated

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Fri 05 May 2017, 2:14 pm

Oh, I'm so glad to hear that the four of them are doing so well! Most people don't come back to update us so we are left to wonder. I'm sorry to hear the little one didn't make it... But you are right, sadly it does happen sometimes.

You enjoy those babies! When I had mouse babies, they brought me so much joy ❤️ If you have any more questions, come back and see us Smile

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum