Useful Links
Forum Rules
Please read the forum rules before posting. If you have any questions, contact a moderator.

Pet Mouse Info
Links to help you find all the care info threads throughout the forum.

Cage Calculator
Find out how many mice will fit in your cage or tank.

Contact
Use this link if you need to get in touch with the administration team without an account.

FAQ (forum)
Frequently Asked Questions about the forum.

Vetective™
Vetective™ is "a community-driven exotic mammal veterinarian locator and review service."

Pet Adoption
ChatBox

Weird droppings?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Weird droppings?

Post by daisypiperfiona on Wed May 03, 2017 6:29 pm

Hi! I have a mouse about the age of a month and a few weeks. Her name is Piper, she's long haired and very cute. I was just taking her out to work on training her not to bite in a separate cage, when I noticed she left behind a dropping that was long (about 1/2 an inch) and it was green and moist. I was wondering if this is normal, because I'm a first time mouse owner. At first I was feeding them Small World Complete feed for Mouse & Rat and then I decided I didn't like it because of how many sun flower seeds there were and switched over to vita prima rat, mouse, and gerbil formula. I think she mainly eats the green dyed ones in the food mix, so maybe that could contribute? Also if there is a problem is there anything I can do at home to help her? Thank you!

daisypiperfiona

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Weird droppings?

Post by daisypiperfiona on Wed May 03, 2017 6:33 pm

She also seems to drink a ton of water, but it is pretty hard to keep track of because of her two sisters!

daisypiperfiona

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Weird droppings?

Post by River on Wed May 03, 2017 9:49 pm

If this is only happening while she's out of her cage, I would say its a nervous trait. Mice (and most rodents) will have weird droppings when they're nervous!

Remembering Maier
River

Pisces Spaced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top