Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peachy's "3-legged Wild House Mouse" Dilemma

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Peachy's "3-legged Wild House Mouse" Dilemma - Page 2 Empty Re: Peachy's "3-legged Wild House Mouse" Dilemma

Post by Peachy on Thu 21 Dec 2017, 10:06 am

I found the pictures of a wild looking wild mouse baby climbing my heat vent with a brindle looking wild mouse baby, but it's kinda sticky and yucky looking and impossible to clean. We need some ventilation in that kitchen.

Would you look at this big old thing? He looks so brindle! This makes me wonder if someone got in to a male's cage, got pregnant, and skedaddled. It doesn't sound like something a wild mouse would let happen, but my boys were pretty charming. Lukie was a great nest-ball weaver.

I had to sit really still and sloooowly turn on my phone's camera in order to get these pictures. He cautiously came out, grabbed a piece of food, and rushed back into that box. He has tunnels in the bedding that go all over his tank, to each of his houses, with random holes to pop out of for food or his wheel. Which explains why it's so rare that I see him. His bum foot doesn't slow him down as much as it did when he was saved from the cat, but if he's half domesticated, releasing him would be wrong anyway. He's a mystery.
Peachy's "3-legged Wild House Mouse" Dilemma - Page 2 20171235
Peachy's "3-legged Wild House Mouse" Dilemma - Page 2 20171234
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Spooky

Back to top Go down

Peachy's "3-legged Wild House Mouse" Dilemma - Page 2 Empty Re: Peachy's "3-legged Wild House Mouse" Dilemma

Post by CallaLily on Thu 21 Dec 2017, 5:04 pm

If you hadn't told me that was your wild mouse, I don't think I would have ever guessed. Laughing

CallaLily

No Mood

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Thu 21 Dec 2017, 6:20 pm

Isn't that nuts? It'd be a hilarious coincidence if my brindle wild mouse had nothing to do with my brindle fancy mice.

But he is very different. The most noticeable difference is how clean he is. I haven't done a full change in a while because I don't want to stress him out by destroying all of his hard work at once, but he doesnt even smell a little bit. He also drinks very little water, which probably helps explain the first part.
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Spooky

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! on Fri 22 Dec 2017, 1:22 pm

@Peachy wrote:Isn't that nuts? It'd be a hilarious coincidence if my brindle wild mouse had nothing to do with my brindle fancy mice.

But he is very different. The most noticeable difference is how clean he is. I haven't done a full change in a while because I don't want to stress him out by destroying all of his hard work at once, but he doesnt even smell a little bit. He also drinks very little water, which probably helps explain the first part.

That is so interesting!
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2