Mouse house

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mouse house

Post by Livy on Mon May 08, 2017 7:58 pm

I was reading about mice being scared if there home is to big i was wondering if filling the space helps reduce that.. https://imgur.com/gallery/9ZLC5
Livy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mouse house

Post by PastelMouse on Mon May 08, 2017 8:19 pm

I would say it's too big, maybe fully trained mice could use it? Mice tend to do better in smaller spaces. Idk if filling the space would help, I'd personally section the cage and make part of it a serperate storage unit.

EDIT: Actually, maybe it is ok. Although I would worry about chewing, the actual base of it isn't that big. (Just lots of extra levels.) I guess it would most likely depend on the mouse/mice.

* Tilly, female Syrian Hamster, over 1 year old
* Heidi, plott hound mix, 2 years old
* Gumdrop, box turtle, 18 years old
PastelMouse

Curious

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Mon May 08, 2017 8:35 pm

What size is the tank on the bottom and how many mice do you have? We use floor space to determine if something is the right size... How tall it is doesn't really factor in. I mean obviously there is more stuff to do but it shouldn't make them feel unsafe... They are more concerned with the closeness of their 4 walls. And the tank on the bottom looks like its nice and full. Looks good! I think it's a nice set up.

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Splotchy, Sherberta, Eva, Slappy (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sunshine
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Livy on Mon May 08, 2017 8:40 pm

Its a 10 gal tank at the bottom and i have 3 mice
Livy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by River on Mon May 08, 2017 9:23 pm

Then its perfect for 3! Not too large at all. They probably gave a ton of fun with it. Looks great. Heart Eyes

Pisces Paranoid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Mon May 08, 2017 10:00 pm

That is the right amount of floor space for a trio, so it's not too big at all. The mesh looks sturdy. I'm not sure what kind of wood that is but just make sure that you check it regularly for chewing.. That would be my only concern. Otherwise, it looks great. They should really enjoy it.

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Splotchy, Sherberta, Eva, Slappy (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sunshine
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! on Mon May 08, 2017 10:48 pm

That looks like a really fun house for your trio! Very cool! Very Happy
The only thing I would say is to make sure the light you have at the top isn't too bright because from what I've read is their eyes are sensitive to light. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong about that.

Aries Caffeine Fix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Tue May 09, 2017 9:05 am

Hey, that's neat! I love it. How much do they use the height? Very lucky mice!

I don't think the light is a problem as long as you allow them a natural day/night cycle. Smile

Twix, Bacon, Hashbrown, Daryl, Cheeseburger,
Seren, Celyn, and Hazel
CallaLily

Aquarius Fine

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

Post by Livy on Tue May 09, 2017 1:39 pm

Thanks i turn off the lights every night before bed they're on rechargeable batteries so i have to recharge at night . and they use it more now that i have added a third mouse. To the house. And i put there food on top so they have to go up but they seem to enjoy they like the swing the most
Livy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top