Useful Links
Forum Rules
Please read the forum rules before posting. If you have any questions, contact a moderator.

Pet Mouse Info
Links to help you find all the care info threads throughout the forum.

Contact
Use this link if you need to get in touch with the administration team without an account.

FAQ (forum)
Frequently Asked Questions about the forum.

Vetective™
Vetective™ is "a community-driven exotic mammal veterinarian locator and review service."

Pet Adoption
ChatBox

Banixx

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Banixx

Post by Bthny on Wed May 10, 2017 8:18 pm

Has anyone used this product?

Banixx

I was looking at using it with my slightly OCD girl. One of her scratching spots is right below her eye, so I'm looking into it because it's apparently safe for use on eyes. She has been to the vet for it, and it's not infected. Her OCD is really only with the open wounds, but I'd like to get her healed up to (hopefully) stop the habit.
Bthny
Jr Member
Jr Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Banixx

Post by Peachy on Wed May 10, 2017 9:35 pm

I've never heard of Banixx, so I won't say yes or no. Maybe someone else can answer better.

But personally, I'd hesitate to use it on any pet without consulting a vet and/or doing a lot of research on it... but mice are so small that I'd be extra cautious.

Perhaps you can ask your vet to give you something to help... Several years ago, my vet subscribed eye ointment for my OCD girl's ear. It worked fantastic!

Face scratching is awful, I'm sorry you've got to deal with it. I have a lady named Pearl who started scratching her face when she was still a baby.She's around a year now, and it gets better and then worse again. Sad
Spoiler:

I hope your girl gets better soon!
Peachy

Scorpio Dancing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Wed May 10, 2017 10:35 pm

After some quick research, it seems harmless enough as a wound treatment. But I think the safest option is to see the vet for some sterile eye ointment to treat wounds near the eye.

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Sherberta, Gunther, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! on Wed May 10, 2017 11:18 pm

@Peachy wrote:I've never heard of Banixx, so I won't say yes or no. Maybe someone else can answer better.

But personally, I'd hesitate to use it on any pet without consulting a vet and/or doing a lot of research on it... but mice are so small that I'd be extra cautious.

Perhaps you can ask your vet to give you something to help... Several years ago, my vet subscribed eye ointment for my OCD girl's ear. It worked fantastic!

Face scratching is awful, I'm sorry you've got to deal with it. I have a lady named Pearl who started scratching her face when she was still a baby.She's around a year now, and it gets better and then worse again. Sad
Spoiler:

I hope your girl gets better soon!

Awww poor Pearl. She is a beautiful girl.
Rodents rock!

Aries Caffeine Fix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum