Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

8" mesh wheel or 6.5" silent spinner?

Go down

8" mesh wheel or 6.5" silent spinner? Empty 8" mesh wheel or 6.5" silent spinner?

Post by PastelMouse on Wed 17 May 2017, 6:53 pm

As the possibility of me getting a mouse draws closer, I have another questions. Should I get a 8" mesh wheel or 6.5" silent spinner? I like the look of the silent spinner a lot more, and since both are decent wheels for a single male I want which ever is quieter.

Sr Member
Sr Member

Cheerful

Back to top Go down

8" mesh wheel or 6.5" silent spinner? Empty Re: 8" mesh wheel or 6.5" silent spinner?

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner on Wed 17 May 2017, 8:02 pm

I say bigger is better (As long as they can turn it, of course). My boys both have 7 inch mesh wheels, and they love them. I try to go bigger for girls though, because they have to share a wheel/wheels. I will tell you though, mesh wheels get very squeaky over time. I've never used a silent spinner so I'm not sure how quiet they are, but probably quieter than a mesh wheel.

8" mesh wheel or 6.5" silent spinner? Boyssi17Angel Remembering: Violet, Snow, Holly, Lilac, Clover, Petal, Cotton, Sugar, Autumn, Sage, Rocky, Jack, Willow, Blossom, Sierra, Amber, Olive, Scout, and Daisy
AnonymousMouseOwner
AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

8" mesh wheel or 6.5" silent spinner? Empty Re: 8" mesh wheel or 6.5" silent spinner?

Post by Peachy on Wed 17 May 2017, 10:02 pm

Neither is more acceptable than the other, but I would go with mesh. Any squeaking is a super easy fix with a q-tip and some oil, and mice have so much fun with them!

Silent spinners usually only make a quiet whooshing noise... but they scoot around a bit so they might bang on stuff (there are fixes for this though) and they can get a little rattley with age.
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Caffeine Fix

Back to top Go down

Post by PastelMouse on Wed 17 May 2017, 11:13 pm

@Peachy wrote:Neither is more acceptable than the other, but I would go with mesh. Any squeaking is a super easy fix with a q-tip and some oil, and mice have so much fun with them!

Silent spinners usually only make a quiet whooshing noise... but they scoot around a bit so they might bang on stuff (there are fixes for this though) and they can get a little rattley with age.

Thanks for the input from both of you. I found some Spinner guides online, and I might go with one because I love the look of them a lot more. I also think they would fit better in a 10g.

Sr Member
Sr Member

Cheerful

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down