Changing Dosage Schedule

Go down

Changing Dosage Schedule

Post by CinnamonPearl on Thu 19 May 2016, 9:35 pm

Hey, so the girls finish their metronidazole tomorrow, so I'm gonna start giving them praziquantel in the evening instead. For moving the time of a dosage, what would be best? Should I dose them both in the morning and the evening for a day, or skip their morning dose and just give it to them late when evening comes? Thanks!

Pisces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Changing Dosage Schedule

Post by scaredymouse on Fri 20 May 2016, 11:51 am

That's definitely a vet question. There could be some kind of drug interaction to give them together. It sounds like she was giving your a broad spectrum antibiotic and is changing it to a more specific/targeted antibiotic. I'd be willing to bet that she is giving you a full course of the new medication, so skipping the morning dose of metronidazole probably doesn't matter... but definitely call the vet for clarification.

Other pets: Little Buddy, Kevin (cats) Sherberta, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, Harold, Spike, Mia, Mim, Henrietta(hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas), Herman/Figaro Whooopers/Burlington (guinea pigs)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl on Fri 20 May 2016, 12:02 pm

She isn't switching them. They were taking both, but they finish the metronidazole today. But right now I was giving them praziquental in the morning, so I was wondering the safest way to switch them to evening doses- do two in one day or give it to them late?

Pisces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Fri 20 May 2016, 1:42 pm

I second asking the vet but I wouldn't think double dosing them in one day would be good. Probably best to just wait and give it to them in the evening. Sorry if I'm misunderstanding what you're asking.

Gerbils: Oghren & Merin / Jeffrey, Geoffrey, & Jeffri /
Hamlet & Horatio / Emrys, Cream, & Hershey / 
Bill & Frances   Hearts  Hamster: Daydream
CallaLily

Aquarius Spooky

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down