Tiny sweet ants in cage!

Go down

Tiny sweet ants in cage!

Post by essentiallysue on Sat 10 Jun 2017, 8:04 am

Ants in their food dish! I cleaned out the cage and this morning there were one or two again. I sprayed vinegar (mixed with water) all around the cage. Is there anything else I can do? The two other cages don't have them.

essentiallysue
Sr Member
Sr Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tiny sweet ants in cage!

Post by scaredymouse on Sat 10 Jun 2017, 9:17 pm

yucky!  I'm sorry, i don't know of anything to try.  The only advice i would have to give would come from an internet search which I'm sure you have done already.

Other pets: Little Buddy, Kevin (cats) Sherberta, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, Harold, Spike, Mia, Mim, Henrietta(hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas), Herman/Figaro Whooopers/Burlington (guinea pigs)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by essentiallysue on Tue 13 Jun 2017, 8:27 am

I am still battling against them. I have used every natural remedy to no avail. Then I bought ant traps and placed them everywhere but not in the cage, of course.
Finally, I placed their food dish in a mote - a little bigger dish filled with water. The mice could reach their food over the water edge, but the ants would have to crawl through the water to get to the food. Seems to be working. Let you know.

essentiallysue
Sr Member
Sr Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by essentiallysue on Sun 18 Jun 2017, 8:46 pm

I finally got rid of them! Used several methods - and finally, Terro ant killer everywhere where I saw one come in the house. The mice are safe.

essentiallysue
Sr Member
Sr Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Sun 18 Jun 2017, 11:03 pm

Good news! Ants have invaded my shower, thankfully that's far away from the mice. Razz

~Alex, Verity, Tulip & Finnegan~
~Milo~
Peachy

Scorpio Mellow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum