Useful Links
Forum Rules
Please read the forum rules before posting. If you have any questions, contact a moderator.

Pet Mouse Info
Links to help you find all the care info threads throughout the forum.

Contact
Use this link if you need to get in touch with the administration team without an account.

FAQ (forum)
Frequently Asked Questions about the forum.

Vetective™
Vetective™ is "a community-driven exotic mammal veterinarian locator and review service."

Pet Adoption
ChatBox

Tiny sweet ants in cage!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tiny sweet ants in cage!

Post by essentiallysue on Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:04 am

Ants in their food dish! I cleaned out the cage and this morning there were one or two again. I sprayed vinegar (mixed with water) all around the cage. Is there anything else I can do? The two other cages don't have them.

essentiallysue
Sr Member
Sr Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tiny sweet ants in cage!

Post by scaredymouse on Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:17 pm

yucky!  I'm sorry, i don't know of anything to try.  The only advice i would have to give would come from an internet search which I'm sure you have done already.

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Sherberta, Gunther, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by essentiallysue on Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:27 am

I am still battling against them. I have used every natural remedy to no avail. Then I bought ant traps and placed them everywhere but not in the cage, of course.
Finally, I placed their food dish in a mote - a little bigger dish filled with water. The mice could reach their food over the water edge, but the ants would have to crawl through the water to get to the food. Seems to be working. Let you know.

essentiallysue
Sr Member
Sr Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by essentiallysue on Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:46 pm

I finally got rid of them! Used several methods - and finally, Terro ant killer everywhere where I saw one come in the house. The mice are safe.

essentiallysue
Sr Member
Sr Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:03 pm

Good news! Ants have invaded my shower, thankfully that's far away from the mice. Razz

Boys: Mika, Milo, and Wild Thing the Wild Mouse
Becky's Girls: Soong, Dotty, Tulip, and Ladybug
Lulie's girls: Lulie, Pearl, Cora, Dulcie, and Dandy
Peachy

Dancing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top