Useful Links
Forum Rules
Please read the forum rules before posting. If you have any questions, contact a moderator.

Pet Mouse Info
Links to help you find all the care info threads throughout the forum.

Contact
Use this link if you need to get in touch with the administration team without an account.

FAQ (forum)
Frequently Asked Questions about the forum.

Vetective™
Vetective™ is "a community-driven exotic mammal veterinarian locator and review service."

Pet Adoption
ChatBox

Pregnant?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pregnant?

Post by Drago on Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:17 pm

I went to a reptile show today, and got several empty ten gallons- well I think we all know where the story is going. I intended to just go to the breeder and get one male, but ended up purchasing a few mice that were about to become snake food Sad
I asked if they separated them by sex and they told me they had. So I asked if the ones about to be fed were females and they also told me they were. Well, both pieces of info were false. I ended up with 3 males and a single female (who will join my trio after quarantine). The males all went in seperate cages, but I'm worried my female is now pregnant. Can anyone analyze these pics to the best of their ability? I know it's hard to tell from photos, but it's all I have

Pics coming soon...

[/url]

[url=https://servimg.com/view/19605844/10]
Drago

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pregnant?

Post by Peachy on Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:06 pm

Almost certainly pregnant. Sad/Bouncy

Fingers crossed it goes well and you don't have too many male babies! My first litter was a similar circumstance (adopted one male and two pregnant females from a feeder breeder) and it was five males, two females. Eek! How do you feel about babies?

Boys: Mika, Milo, and Wild Thing the Wild Mouse
Becky's Girls: Soong, Dotty, Tulip, and Ladybug
Lulie's girls: Lulie, Pearl, Cora, Dulcie, and Dandy
Peachy

Dancing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! on Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:56 am

Looks like she is pregnant to me. Keep us posted.
Rodents rock!

Aries Caffeine Fix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Drago on Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:44 am

I had a hunch she was too! I can't tell if it's exciting or troubling, I'm a bit excited to get to see a mother raising her litter, but the reality of finding homes makes it a bit bleak. Either way, I'll love and cherish the babies just the same, and will find them loving homes Smile Thank you again!

ETA- anybody have a guess as to when she'll become a mother? I'll keep her nice and comfortable until then Smile
Drago

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:39 am

It's hard to say... really, really hard to say. Mice look so different from each other throughout their pregnancies. I had one get much bigger than that and still make me wait a week for babies, and one that never showed as much as your girl is now.

My just for fun guess is about another week. lol

Peachy

Dancing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Drago on Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:12 pm

Makes sense- just like with humans I suppose. So sorry to bother you again with a question (I'm a worried mouse mum chaperone!) but she's not come out at all today, unlike all the other mice I have. I have not touched her tank at all as I know new mothers shouldn't be disturbed. Do you think it's possible she's already given birth? I just don't want her to be sick and me not know about it. Either way thank you, and so so sorry for all the worried newbie questions- I know you get tired of hearing them!

Drago

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:57 pm

Teehee, no worries! It's possible she's already had babies. It's also possible she's just sleepy and only popping out for a few minutes at a time. In the last days of pregnancy they sometimes tend to just lie around a lot.

I always knew babies were there when I either heard squeaks (you'll definitely know it when you hear them!) or when Mom came out for some food and was slim again. They mostly squeak while fighting over nipples and being cleaned and you can definitely hear it if you put your head near the tank.

If you don't hear anything and have a nest with a lid that you can remove, you can peak real quick. If there are babies you know to leave her alone now, if not you can make sure she's okay. Smile

Peachy

Dancing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Drago on Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:45 pm

So I checked in on her real quick, and no babies yet! She's doing alright too, but seems to be getting even bigger. I wish I could know how many babies she will have...

I've already begun to line up homes as I will only keep one male or three females depending upon how many are born and of what gender. I have to travel from the 6th-9th so I hope she can hold off until I'm home!

Drago

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! on Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:12 pm

I hope she holds off till you get back home Very Happy
Rodents rock!

Aries Caffeine Fix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hesitantbullets on Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:39 am

Did she have her babies?
hesitantbullets
Jr Member
Jr Member

Libra Batty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter Moose on Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:22 pm

@Drago wrote:So I checked in on her real quick, and no babies yet! She's doing alright too, but seems to be getting even bigger. I wish I could know how many babies she will have...

I've already begun to line up homes as I will only keep one male or three females depending upon how many are born and of what gender. I have to travel from the 6th-9th so I hope she can hold off until I'm home!
How is she? Where are you located? My friend and I are both in the market for mice!

Winter Moose

Elated

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Is this mouse pregnant?

Post by Stella Dogrock on Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:37 pm

So my cousin got 2 mice a little over a week ago and we have noticed that one looks pregnant. We want to be sure as her parents don’t think the mouse, Wanda, is pregnant. We compared pictures of pregnant mice to Wanda’s shape. If she is pregnant how long till the babies come? She is housed with another female mouse but there could have been a male in the cage at the store. Please help! Wanda is the cinnamon one.
Here are the pictures:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-TIo40L7lvNc/WhXNbzf8uII/AAAAAAAAELU/fopd6WrlNT8-7VvFbnKEJKk9Ahy1fZ4_gCK8BGAs/s512/2017-11-22.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-BXww90eZjWk/WhckSpnLQBI/AAAAAAAAEMM/-1-wB7wTIUUVUSFeiC9EbJEmT8fnGTnVgCK8BGAs/s512/2017-11-23.jpg
Stella Dogrock

Pisces Festive

View user profile https://blogbydoll.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:57 pm

From this particular picture, she does not look pregnant to me. Gestation is 23 days, so start checking the calender. If you have a scale, you can start weighing her daily, mice tend to rapidly gain weight toward the end of their pregnancy. Also, they start looking like they swallowed a golf ball.

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Sherberta, Gunther, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Dogrock on Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:11 pm

Here is a picture of her from the 25th

Pisces Festive

View user profile https://blogbydoll.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:27 pm

still doesn't have the characteristic look that pregnant mice get.

here is an example of what my mouse looked like when she was pregnant... and she only had a litter of 8, so it was relatively small.

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Sherberta, Gunther, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top