Napoleon the One Eyed Marine Mouse!

Go down

Napoleon the One Eyed Marine Mouse!

Post by Lanybhere on Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:43 pm

Hey guys! My name is Lany though I'm sure you're not here to see me. THIS is Napoleon Cool

He is my darling one eyed feeder made fancy mouse. I am a first time mouse owner he kind of just...happened....
He is lucky pet number 13! I have 5 dogs, 1 Bullfrog, 3 goldfish, 1 guppie, 2 African aquatic frogs, and Napoleon <3 Napoleon being the only animal I don't share custody with.
It started out a day like any other.... there I was at Petco, minding my own business criticizing the condition of the fish tanks when I look into the isle to my left.
There was a woman fresh off her shift from staples and a Petco employee helping her scoop up some mice by their tails into a small cardboard box.
I didn't think much of it until Staples pointed to the tank and said "What happened to that one?!" Petco looked over and said "Ohh the vet said he was born like that but no one will adopt him because hes like that"
My curiosity peeked and I looked where they were pointing to. That's when I saw him... He had just curled up under a tiny plastic castle and was getting some serious snuggles in from one of the other mice.
He was the cutest mouse in the tank. Some sort of passive aggressive part of every suppressed childhood memory of self loathing and self esteem issues TRIGGERED. How dare they say this mouse would never find a home because he looked different? I didn't buy him though. LOL
The next day I couldn't stop thinking about this mouse. I told all my coworkers about him...I told my parents...I even told my fiancee. Eventually I called Petco. Surely someone took him by now.
Sure enough the lady on the phone said "OHH YEAH HIM. Yeah somebody took him he was adopted though I'm a mouse lover too." But it just didn't FEEL right. I knew he was still there.
I try to brush it off remembering her words. I go to the post office for some work errands and what do I find?
Nothing JUST THIS REASONABLY PRICED BIRTHDAY CARD WITH AN ADORABLE RODENT ON IT WHICH VAGUELY LOOKS LIKE THAT ONE EYED MOUSE!

I had to see for myself he was gone. But there he was, right where I left him ready to be adopted.
So I did. Actually my father did, he bought him for me as a gift since it was an off payweek.... I just had to get him out of there you know?
So now here I am a first time mouse mommy with absolutely no experience or research on mice before I got him (I am ashamed to say) but I've already learned so much and found channels on Youtube I didn't even know existed! I'm hoping to expand my knowledge and richness of Napoleons life by joining here to guys so Thanks in advance ;*
In another post I will show the progression of the cages he's been in but for now please enjoy a video of his first ever impromptu off payweek basement bin cage Wink (He was in here for a few days)

Last edited by Lanybhere on Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Being a nub)
Lanybhere

Cancer Elated

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Napoleon the One Eyed Marine Mouse!

Post by Rodents rock! on Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:46 am

Hello and welcome! Napoleon sure is a cutie!!! I'm glad you adopted him!! And I'm glad you didn't believe that Petco worker that said he was already adopted!!! Sometimes pet store employees really irk me. I tried to play the video, but it came up with a message "This video is private." Looking forward to hearing more about Napoleon! Very Happy
Rodents rock!

Happy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:04 am

Welcome! Napoleon is a cutie. I really enjoyed your story on how you came to adopt him.

I also can't view the video.

CallaLily

Aquarius Wishful

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:29 am

Welcome to the forum! Mouse Wave So glad you brought home Napolean, and I loved your reading story. Thank goodness for those gut feelings! I wonder if the lady that said he was gone planned on adopting him herself. lol Smile

~Lulie, Pearl, Dulcie, Dandy, Tulip & Finnegan~
~Alex, Darcy, Vera, Verity & Atticus~
~Mika and Milo~
Peachy

Scorpio Mellow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomMouseLover05 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:35 am

Welcome! Napolean is such a cutie and i'm so glad you adopted him even though he was different! Every mouse deserves a loving home! Can't wait to see more of Napolean and you! <3

RandomMouseLover05

Wishful

View user profile https://www.quotev.com/BeastGalGamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lanybhere on Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:29 am

@Rodents rock! wrote:Hello and welcome! Napoleon sure is a cutie!!! I'm glad you adopted him!!  And I'm glad you didn't believe that Petco worker that said he was already adopted!!! Sometimes pet store employees really irk me. I tried to play the video, but it came up with a message "This video is private." Looking forward to hearing more about Napoleon! Very Happy
Sorry bout that! I didn't realize the video wasn't uploaded properly youtube was a little confusing for me it opened like 3 different screens... Thank you for your support! I wasn't expecting to get any replies so soon ^w^ I'm looking forward to getting to know you and the other lovely mousekateers in the community <3
Lanybhere

Cancer Elated

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lanybhere on Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:35 am

@RandomMouseLover05 wrote:Welcome! Napolean is such a cutie and i'm so glad you adopted him even though he was different! Every mouse deserves a loving home! Can't wait to see more of Napolean and you! <3
Thank you!! I can't wait to post more content I needed an outlet I think my family has just about mustered as much fake enthusiasm as they could about all the adorable things Napoleon does like when he licks his little feet or turns around dramatically when he hears something and stays super still for a few seconds or when he breathes.... So cute Heart Eyes
Lanybhere

Cancer Elated

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lanybhere on Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:40 am

@Peachy wrote:Welcome to the forum! Mouse Wave So glad you brought home Napolean, and I loved your reading story. Thank goodness for those gut feelings! I wonder if the lady that said he was gone planned on adopting him herself. lol Smile

Thank you! Actually in hindsight that makes a lot of sense but if that's the case she should have separated him and kept him in the back for herself I guess BUT IT WAS NOT MEANT TO BE! God separated Napoleon for me lol Her loss though he has so much personality. Thank you for reading my story! I didn't think anyone would but it makes me feel good you enjoyed it <3 I hope to get to know you guys and be an active part of this community
Lanybhere

Cancer Elated

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lanybhere on Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:44 am

@CallaLily wrote:Welcome!  Napoleon is a cutie. I really enjoyed your story on how you came to adopt him.

I also can't view the video.

I'm so sorry! I'm not sure what I did wrong the video was nothing crazy just him exploring the VERY empty bin to the tune of some royalty free jamz lol. Thank you for the warm welcome I'm really glad you enjoyed his story ^w^ Hope to be hearing from you more soon!
Lanybhere

Cancer Elated

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:02 pm

The video works for me now. That's a great looking popsicle stick creation! Looks like he's loving it.

CallaLily

Aquarius Wishful

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomMouseLover05 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:38 pm

@Lanybhere wrote:
@RandomMouseLover05 wrote:Welcome! Napolean is such a cutie and i'm so glad you adopted him even though he was different! Every mouse deserves a loving home! Can't wait to see more of Napolean and you! <3
Thank you!! I can't wait to post more content I needed an outlet I think my family has just about mustered as much fake enthusiasm as they could about all the adorable things Napoleon does like when he licks his little feet or turns around dramatically when he hears something and stays super still for a few seconds or when he breathes.... So cute Heart Eyes
Oh my gosh he sounds SO ADORABLE! Heart Eyes

RandomMouseLover05

Wishful

View user profile https://www.quotev.com/BeastGalGamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! on Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:57 pm

@Lanybhere wrote:
@Rodents rock! wrote:Hello and welcome! Napoleon sure is a cutie!!! I'm glad you adopted him!!  And I'm glad you didn't believe that Petco worker that said he was already adopted!!! Sometimes pet store employees really irk me. I tried to play the video, but it came up with a message "This video is private." Looking forward to hearing more about Napoleon! Very Happy
Sorry bout that! I didn't realize the video wasn't uploaded properly youtube was a little confusing for me it opened like 3 different screens... Thank you for your support! I wasn't expecting to get any replies so soon ^w^ I'm looking forward to getting to know you and the other lovely mousekateers in the community <3

I was able to watch it now. So cute!!!
Rodents rock!

Happy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MooMouse on Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:55 pm

He is so very cute Very Happy Congrats on the new friend!

MooMouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

1st Place -- January 2017

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lanybhere on Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:04 pm

@MooMouse wrote:He is so very cute Very Happy Congrats on the new friend!

Awww! He looks so much like your lovely mouse in your profile picture! Thank you very much I like your username too Smile
Lanybhere

Cancer Elated

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum