pet fish

View previous topic View next topic Go down

pet fish

Post by scaredymouse on Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:13 am

I'm thinking about bringing a fish into my life. I did all my research, so I could impulsively buy one as early as tomorrow. I'm thinking about getting a betta Smile

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Sherberta, Gunther, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: pet fish

Post by Peachy on Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:57 am

Laughing Get him/her a pet snail! My Finley knocked his poor pet off the wall every chance he got, but snails are fun. They like to eat tums and squash. Pardon

Boys: Mika, Milo, and Wild Thing the Wild Mouse
Becky's Girls: Soong, Dotty, Tulip, Ladybug, and Petunia
Lulie's girls: Lulie, Pearl, Cora, Dulcie, and Dandy
Peachy

Scorpio Dancing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:16 am

Snails are fun!

If anyone wants to chime in about proper betta care, feel free. I only know what the internet told me, which may or may not be true.

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Sherberta, Gunther, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:44 am

Make sure to read up on cycling an aquarium, if you haven't already. Very important part of keeping a healthy aquarium.  Invest in a testing kit.  

It's a myth that betta thrive in small puddles. In truth, though shallow, their natural habitat stretches for miles. I definitely don't recommend smaller than 5 gallons. 10 gallons or more is preferable, imo. Easier to cycle.  

I know there are those who disagree, but I personally feel filtration is important, but you want something that can be adjusted for a gentle flow. They do best kept around 78-80F, so a heater will most likely be needed.

Provide soft plants (fake is fine) and decor to rest in/on that won't tear fins.

It's been a while so I'm sure I'm forgetting something. I'll edit if I remember anything. Good luck and share pics!

Twix, Bacon, Hashbrown, Daryl, Cheeseburger,
Seren, Celyn, and Hazel
CallaLily

Aquarius Wishful

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomMouseLover05 on Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:56 am

You probably know this but just in case I want to make sure to say it. No matter how much you feed (Unless sick) the betta fish is always going to want more. Depends on baby or adult but really make sure not to feed them more then they should. I have had two betta fish. Sebastian and Drago. Sebastian I fed to much, didn't clean his tank enough, and he wasn't in a good place with a lot of attention. They should be kept where everyone else is. Drago, the one I currently have now, is getting fed less, cleaned more, and in a room that everyone is in, (For me the living room) so it works out perfect! Just make to do a check every day to see if they seem sick. Hope getting a betta works out for you! Very Happy

RandomMouseLover05

Wishful

View user profile https://www.quotev.com/BeastGalGamer

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top