Appropriate Wood for DIY Levels

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Appropriate Wood for DIY Levels

Post by Stina on Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:33 pm

Hi!
I am about to adopt mice for the first time and I have made them a bin cage. I have lots of toys for them to climb around on that will sit on the ground, but I would really like to make them a level or two to climb around on as well/give them a little more surface area. I was trying to think of some clever ways that I could put something that is semi-constructed for me into the cage and I thought of using a cutting board that I could simply screw into the sides of the bin. I found this one (http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80233430/) at IKEA, and verified that bamboo is safe for the mice, but I wasn't sure about OILED bamboo (listed in the product description it is made of bamboo and oil). Does anyone else have other input? or any other clever level ideas?

Thank you! Heart Eyes

Stina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Appropriate Wood for DIY Levels

Post by RandomMouseLover05 on Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:40 pm

First of all congrats on the possible new mice! Second, I'm going to be honest, I'm not sure about oiled bamboo. But another way you could go about it is actually making a level from popsicle sticks! I bet someone with more experience will come around and help with the oiled part! Very Happy

RandomMouseLover05
Jr Member
Jr Member

Curious

View user profile https://www.quotev.com/BeastGalGamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! on Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:27 pm

I wouldn't get the cutting board. I recommend popsicle sticks and non toxic glue. That way you can build all sorts of things and another nice thing about using popsicle sticks is that when they get dirty with urine and poo, which they will, you can just toss them and build something new. Very Happy

Aries Caffeine Fix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stina on Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:05 pm

Thank you! I will build something then!

Stina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! on Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:59 am

@Stina wrote:Thank you! I will build something then!

Cool Very Happy

Aries Caffeine Fix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top