hi

Go down

hi

Post by frankmouse on Mon 04 Sep 2017, 9:44 pm

hello im a possible soon to be owner a here is a story about my soon to be pet mouse please give me some tips, thanks Smile

About a month ago i went to the animal humane society and saw a little white mouse named ace and awwed at him then i looked over at the other cage and so no mouse. i looked at the cage card and saw the cutest little mouse ever his name frank mouse witch i personally think is adorable. a little while later i was trying to sell some of my hamsters unused things. i checked the website and frank mouse still stayed and the humane society Sad . i checked back a few days ago and he was still their i texted my mom and i told her all i would need if food a water bottle and a cage. she said i could get him if i could save up the money. so its a race against time and any potential adopters in trying to make money asap. i have 17 dollars i need around 30 35 .
so i have some questions can he live in a bin cage? frank mouse is 4 months old he is a male. can i use aspen bedding? do they stink and how often should i clean the cage? can i use junior 8 inch wodent wheel? is higgins vita garden rat and mouse food okay to feed? btw the bin is 16.5 gallons is that enough? thanks, frankmouse

frankmouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: hi

Post by Mice Are Cute on Mon 04 Sep 2017, 9:46 pm

I think everything seems to be alright! I am not to sure about the food, though. His name sure is cute!

Remembering: Rainbow Angel ]Blondie, Obi (Hamster), and Grayson  Heart Eyes

Other Pets: Hunter (dog) Kiss
Mice Are Cute
Sr Member
Sr Member

Pisces Inspired

View user profile https://thehappymilkshakeblog.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Tue 05 Sep 2017, 8:05 am

Welcome!  How awesome that you're wanting to adopt little Frank Mouse. Cool

Yes, mice can be kept in bin cages. Just inspect often for chewing.  More info on Proper Housing.

Yes, you can use aspen bedding but keep in mind that some mice can have an allergic reaction to it. Paper based bedding are more preferable. More on Cleaning, Odor, and Bedding.

Yes, that wheel is fine. More on Wheels.

Higgins Vita Garden Mouse & Rat food is not great but an ok food. It's not on the recommended list mainly because it doesn't have much in the way of variety and is pretty heavy on sunflower seeds if I remember correctly.  Though it's nice that it doesn't have artificial colors or flavors.  Fat is a touch low but protein and fiber are acceptable. Though you'll probably want to also give him some mealworms, crickets, eggs, etc occasionally for a little protein boost, especially since it's at the lower end of what's acceptable for the average pet mouse.  More on Mouse Diet.

What is the length and width of the bin?  Here's the Cage Calculator.

Gerbils: Oghren & Merin, Hershey & the Oliebollen Boys, Emrys & Cream
+3 babies!
Hamster: Daydream
CallaLily

Aquarius Spooky

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: