My mouse has a lump

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My mouse has a lump

Post by Razumouse on Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:57 pm

Recently I noticed a lump on my little girl mouse. It has grown bigger and it is very hard, and I tried moving it around but it is solid in place. She is still drinking but eating less, and isn't very active. I am nervous it is a tumor and I want advice. Please help!

Razumouse

Sad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My mouse has a lump

Post by stephlisa on Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:07 am

I don't have any experience with things like this but my best advice is to take her to the vets to get it checked out.

I'm sure someone will chip in with potentially more useful advice and knowledge but that's mine for you!

stephlisa
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aquarius Zen
1st Place -- November 2016

View user profile http://instagram.com/stephanellimouse

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:47 am

I always take mine to the vet just to confirm if it's a tumor or an abcess. They can easily treat an abcess. With a tumor it's more a case of keeping her comfortable. Good luck with your little girl.

Twix, Bacon, Hashbrown, Daryl, Cheeseburger,
Seren, Celyn, and Hazel
CallaLily

Aquarius Wishful

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

Post by Razumouse on Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:55 pm

Thanks for replying, the vet said it's not an abcess. I'm trying my best to keep her comfortable, at least the lump is not growing much.

Razumouse

Sad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:17 pm

Mice seem to tolerate tumors very well, even though can grow to be very large. As long as you see her continue to eat, drink, and run on her wheel, those are signs that she still has a good quality of life. I had a mouse with a very large tumor, and of course she wasn't very active, but she would still make an effort to run on the wheel a little bit and would always stop to eat her special treats. So even though she slowed down, she still showed me that she had life left in her. Cherish the time you have together and keep her comfortable.

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Sherberta, Gunther, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Razumouse on Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:43 am

My mouse hasn't used her wheel for quite a while now. Sometimes she just sits on it, starts walking, then stops again. The lump seems to be irritating her. At least she's still eating and drinking. I am trying my best to keep her as comfortable as I can.

Razumouse

Sad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:01 pm

Does she have pain medication?

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Sherberta, Gunther, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Razumouse on Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:43 pm

Unfortunately, no pain medication. She is getting worse and I don't like seeing her suffer, might have to euthanize her if she gets too bad Sad

Razumouse

Sad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:18 pm

I'm sorry to hear that.

scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! on Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:39 pm

Sorry to hear that. Keep us posted. Hugs.

Aries Caffeine Fix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top