HELPHELPHELPHELPHELP

View previous topic View next topic Go down

HELPHELPHELPHELPHELP

Post by frankmouse on Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:48 pm

hi please help i just got my new mouse frank mouse like 50 minutes ago and my room already stinks if i can find a soulution i have to get rid of him i cant stand the smell how do i make him stink less??

frankmouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: HELPHELPHELPHELPHELP

Post by CallaLily on Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:53 pm

New mice tend to be a little extra stinky because of stress and possible previous poor diet. It should tame down some once he adjusts to his new home and gets good food in him.

There's also some info here on odor: http://petmousefanciers.forumotion.com/t36-cleaning-odor-and-bedding.

Aside from all that, you also get used to it. It would be a shame to send him back just because of odor. Sad Most pets come with some sort of smell. Whether it's good or bad or somewhere in between is a matter of opinion. Please don't give up on him so soon. Wink

Twix, Bacon, Hashbrown, Daryl, Cheeseburger,
Seren, Celyn, and Hazel
CallaLily

Aquarius Wishful

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mice Are Cute on Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:29 pm

Don't give up! If your room is hot,stuffy, and virtually airless, the stink will get smellier. I moved my mice to my desk, in a more ventilated room, and it smelled a lot better! Trust me, I have two mice (Formerly three) and they all smelled terrible!

Mice: Biggy and Grayson
Tail Flip  Tail Flip  Jump Hearts  Tease Mouse29

Remembering: Rainbow Angel Blondie  (Sweetest mouse ever!) 

Other Pets: Hunter (dog) Obi ( Hamster) Abigail and Scarlet (Silkie Chickens)
Mice Are Cute
Sr Member
Sr Member

Bookworm

View user profile http://micewithspice.bitballoon.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! on Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:51 pm

Do you have him in a cage or a tank? Tanks will contain the odor more than a cage, so I recommend a tank to help with the smell. When I first got Mickey his smell was terrible but as time went by and he felt more comfortable in his new home, the smell is barely there anymore. I'm sure your mouse is just afraid and nervous, it's only natural. He can't help the way he smells, please don't give up on him.

Male mice are wonderfully sweet. I wouldn't trade my Mickey for the world. I love him.

Aries Caffeine Fix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum