Bleaching down an old cage

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bleaching down an old cage

Post by antant26 on Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:03 am

This summer I was made to hamstersit an adorable hamster by the name of Tesla, but unfortunately, it did not end well. Little Tessie passed away due to an eye infection and digestive problems very tragically. I tried to save him, administering three meds per day, but he didn't make it. I was devastated, and very upset with Tesla's owners, who told us that their last hamster had died of the same infection. Tesla arrived in a crittertrail, but I gave him a 390 square inch bin cage temporarily. Now that he's passed to the land of angels, (I still miss him), I would need to bleach down all of his toys and cages, including the bin cage. Currently, his supplies is a health hazard to my mice, and I want to be able to upgrade Angela and Weasel from the temporary bonding bin which they can't stay overnight in to the big bin. Any tips for how I should manage this? Thanks!

antant26
Jr Member
Jr Member

Virgo Elated

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bleaching down an old cage

Post by scaredymouse on Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:03 am

Anything that can be washed, use bleach to clean.   let it dry overnight.  Anything made of wood can be sanitized by baking at 250 for an hour.  Just be aware that if there is glue in the items that it may melt and drip a little bit.

then you should be good to go!

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Sherberta, Slappy (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top