Useful Links
Forum Rules
Please read the forum rules before posting. If you have any questions, contact a moderator.

Pet Mouse Info
Links to help you find all the care info threads throughout the forum.

Contact
Use this link if you need to get in touch with the administration team without an account.

FAQ (forum)
Frequently Asked Questions about the forum.

Vetective™
Vetective™ is "a community-driven exotic mammal veterinarian locator and review service."

Pet Adoption
ChatBox

sad news about Shuggie

View previous topic View next topic Go down

sad news about Shuggie

Post by scaredymouse on Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:58 pm

My sweet little Shuggie has a massive tumor on her back//hip area.  It's very fast growing and despite the disturbing size of it, she is still mousing around like nothing's wrong and still puts on a lot of time on the wheel.  So, all I can do is be here for her, manage pain as it comes and help her cross the bridge if/when she needs me to.

But I thought I would show some pictures of it.  It's an excellent example of a mouse who looks like they should be in pain but does not act like it at all.  Her quality of like is not impacted by this tumor.  The only thing that seems to be a bit of a challenge is positioning herself for sleep.

Anyway, here she is.  It's about the size of a grape. Every time I get a mouse with a tumor, I get so angry at pet stores who support these horrible breeders who have complete disregard for the health/wellness of the animals they breed. Breeders have the power to nearly eradicate tumors if they so desired but they don't. Instead, we have to get our hearts broken and watch our pets suffer, needlessly. Ok, I'm getting all worked up. I love my little mouse and I'm sad/angry that this is happening to her.

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Sherberta, Gunther, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: sad news about Shuggie

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner on Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:00 pm

So sorry Sad I wish there were more we could do for them. At least she is still enjoying life.

Angel Remembering: Violet, Snow, Holly, Lilac, Clover, and Daisy
AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! on Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:37 pm

Awww, poor girl. Try to focus that she is still enjoying life right now. And that is a great thing.
Rodents rock!

Aries Caffeine Fix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:12 am

I'm so sorry. Poor baby. Tumors suck. Worry

Mouse12
CallaLily

Aquarius Wishful

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

Post by peas on Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:20 am

That is a big one.  

I've had a run of respiratory illness taking out all my meecers, except Thutty but that tumor was small and i am not even certain that wasn't an infection as well that did the killing.

My first 3 mice died of cancer though and one of them had a very large tumor in a terrible spot so she ended up not even really able to walk without sort of walking on it.     She still would climb her wheel, halling her giant tumor with her but couldn't run.

I probably let her live too long, it was my first mouse death and i was hoping for a miracle.  She was still eating though and didn't seem in too much pain.  

Cancer is tough.  But it helps to remind yourself they aren't scared of dying.   They live in the moment, so if she's happy she's happy and not worrying about the end.

peas
Sr Member
Sr Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Teramis on Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:57 am

Hi, Scaredy - How is Shuggie doing? I hope she's still getting on okay. Sweet girl. So sorry she (and you) are having to deal with such an aggressive tumor. {{hugs}}

Teramis
Jr Member
Jr Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:02 pm

she is still doing great!  The tumor is continuing to grow but my baby girl continues to enjoy her life.  She runs on both wheels every day, still does her alpha duties and fights for treats.  It's hard to believe.  But my little trooper is doing good.

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Sherberta, Gunther, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! on Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:30 pm

Great to hear she is still enjoying life!
Rodents rock!

Aries Caffeine Fix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Teramis on Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:51 pm

Glad to hear it! Love

Teramis
Jr Member
Jr Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down