How to secure detolf

Go down

How to secure detolf

Post by FuzzyMouse on Sat 23 Sep 2017, 8:24 pm

I am not planning to get mice soon, but I love the ikea detolf and if in the future if I get mice I would like to potentially put them in the detolf. Would it be ok to just make a lid out of wood and mesh? Would that keep the mice in?
FuzzyMouse
Jr Member
Jr Member

Sleepy

View user profile https://merp.com

Back to top Go down

Re: How to secure detolf

Post by scaredymouse on Sun 24 Sep 2017, 2:15 am

Yes a lid would need to be made with wood and mesh and either find a way to secure it or weigh it down... however, a detolf is much to big for mice. When they have that much room, it is nearly impossible to tame them. All the space makes them wild. I mean, I'm sure they would love it... but you would never see them. Mice like smaller, cluttered homes. Once they are tame, you can increase their living space a bit but it has been my experience that more space isn't always better with mice.

Other pets: Little Buddy, Kevin (cats) Sherberta, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, Harold, Spike, Mia, Mim, Henrietta(hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas), Herman/Figaro Whooopers/Burlington (guinea pigs)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down