Useful Links
Forum Rules
Please read the forum rules before posting. If you have any questions, contact a moderator.

Pet Mouse Info
Links to help you find all the care info threads throughout the forum.

Contact
Use this link if you need to get in touch with the administration team without an account.

FAQ (forum)
Frequently Asked Questions about the forum.

Vetective™
Vetective™ is "a community-driven exotic mammal veterinarian locator and review service."

Pet Adoption
ChatBox

Help - Got a 3 week old mouse.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help - Got a 3 week old mouse.

Post by Hemiptera on Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:04 am

The breeder I got my mouse from gave him to me at 3 weeks old. He was born on 30/8, and I got him on 22/8. As far as I know, he lived with his mother up to the point I got him, and she removed him and his brother as he "was very naughty and kept trying to get milk from her". What should I do? Should I feed him a formula, for the next week until he reaches 4 weeks, or continue feeding him as usual?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help - Got a 3 week old mouse.

Post by Peachy on Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:19 am

Mother mice begin weaning at two weeks, and babies are usually finished nursing and eating solely solids by 4 weeks. You could offer a quality kitten formula, see if he wants anything to do with it. Since he was with his mom initially, he should get by with a good mix and a little TLC now. Here's a link with some more info on the formula bit if you'd like to try it. Scroll down to the handfeeding sections:
https://www.petmousefanciers.com/t43-breeding-packet#71

Boys: Mika, Milo, and Wild Thing the Wild Mouse
Becky's Girls: Soong, Dotty, Tulip, and Ladybug
Lulie's girls: Lulie, Pearl, Cora, Dulcie, and Dandy
Peachy

Scorpio Dancing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top