Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Young Wild Mouse

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Young Wild Mouse - Page 2 Empty Re: Young Wild Mouse

Post by CallaLily on Tue 28 Nov 2017, 9:21 am

It's tough to get a good look at her but her eye is already so much better. Completely open and clear. I'm hoping to catch her out and about later, to see how her balance is and get a better look at the rest of her. I'm seeing something that looks like blood in a few places of the tank so I'm hoping she didn't hurt herself more. Worry

Anyway, I figure she's at least here for the winter so when my middle son started calling her Henrika, I let it stick. I did get a glimpse of the other mouse that escaped last night....at least I think it's the same one. Didn't catch her but hopefully we'll get her before the cats.

CallaLily

No Mood

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Wed 06 Dec 2017, 7:52 am

The cats got the escapee. Sad

Henricka is still doing well. Her eye looks great, she gets around ok, and I've seen her using that paw. But she moves weird. She gets where she's going, climbs, ect but there's like this extra movement to it all. Like a bumblebee, if that makes sense. She circles now sometimes too - round and round a time or two in tight little circles, then bumbles about for a while, and then a couple more circles maybe. But not always. She mostly just does that weird bumbling. So somethings still not quite right. She's here for the winter anyway I guess.

And I have no idea what the possibly-blood was from. There's been some more since I last posted but I don't think any recently. It was just a bit here and a tail drag mark there. Usually near poo, so maybe just weird colored poo? (Isn't blood in poo usually black?) Poo looks normal now. It was softer and she'd often smoosh it around.

CallaLily

No Mood

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Wed 10 Jan 2018, 6:04 am

So quick update. Henrika is doing great! If I didn't know about all the previous issues, I wouldn't notice a thing wrong with her now. Now I just need to wait for the weather to warm up for release.

Anyone else caring for an adult wildy a little longer than usual notice that once they settle in they're super clean? Like way neater with their bathroom habits and smell than the pet mice I've had. Or is that just Henrika? I don't remember noticing that with my first wildy rescue, but then I only had her a few weeks.

CallaLily

No Mood

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Wed 10 Jan 2018, 9:04 am

I've noticed that. I actually said something about it in my wild mouse thread. lol My guy has tunnels all over his cage so I don't clean everything all at once, or regularly, but you would still hardly know he's in there. He doesn't smell even a little bit... but he also drink a lot less water than domesticated mice.
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Spooky

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Wed 10 Jan 2018, 9:39 am

I thought that someone here had mentioned it before. Laughing Henrika's tank is in my closet (don't worry, it's pretty large and there's no door) and I'm just surprised by how there's no smell. I also don't clean her cage as much as the pet mice, because I worry about over stressing her since she is terrified of me. My pet girls aren't terribly smelly but towards the end of the week, if you sniff over their cage, you can smell them. With Henrika I can't smell anything.

CallaLily

No Mood

Back to top Go down

Young Wild Mouse - Page 2 Empty Found a baby wild mouse tonight

Post by Anjibabi on Sat 10 Feb 2018, 12:17 am

I found a baby wild mouse tonight. I read Wikihow on how to care for it, but I’m not sure it’s working. He or she was active at first. I think he or she is about 2 weeks old. I tried to feed it kitten formula watered down. It ate a little at first. I tied to stimulate it to go potty and it went a little. I just checked on the baby to try to feed him again and he doesn’t seem to want to wake up. He’s in a warm box with soft socks on a heating pad on low covered by a towel. Is he okay? Is he just sleepy because he’s a baby or should I do something different?

Anjibabi

Leo Curious

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2