Please could you help me by sharing your knowledge.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Please could you help me by sharing your knowledge.

Post by Peachy on Sun 22 Oct 2017, 6:07 pm

I used to sit on a chair in the kitchen to watch the wild mice... trying to figure out their paths so I knew where to put traps. Smile One day, a momma mouse was moving her babies. Eyes open but still little. You could hear them squeaking from under the dishwasher, then they'd run away from Mom and she would chase after them, drag them back under the dishwasher. Laughing Poor Momma mouse! Here's her and one of her run away babies. You can also see how well my traps worked. Laughing

~Alex, Verity, Tulip & Finnegan~
~Milo~
Peachy

Scorpio Mellow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! on Sun 22 Oct 2017, 9:05 pm

@Peachy wrote:I used to sit on a chair in the kitchen to watch the wild mice... trying to figure out their paths so I knew where to put traps. Smile One day, a momma mouse was moving her babies. Eyes open but still little. You could hear them squeaking from under the dishwasher, then they'd run away from Mom and she would chase after them, drag them back under the dishwasher. Laughing Poor Momma mouse! Here's her and one of her run away babies. You can also see how well my traps worked. Laughing

That baby was so tiny and cute!
Rodents rock!

Happy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob-P- on Mon 23 Oct 2017, 6:47 am

Hi Rodents rock
Another great story! I think any story about showing kindness and compassion to animals is well worth sharing. I remember seeing my Grandpa pick up bumble bees in his garden when I was a child and so I always thought it was normal (lol)!!! They won't sting unless you are very rough or hurt them but unlike honey bees they can sting more than once and won't die from stinging. I love bumble bees!!
Take care.
Bob Smile

Bob-P-

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob-P- on Mon 23 Oct 2017, 6:48 am

Hi Sue,
You said you caught a family of mice one by one and kept them all together in a cage and later released them in a field.
As you caught them all in the exact same location I suppose it was highly likely they were all the same family and friends.

I have spotted a mouse on my ground floor kitchen and also on the 3rd floor bathroom. Do you think they are the same family or could I have two different families?

The reason I ask is I am worried about putting mice together who would fight?
Will I know straight away when I introduce them? Would they fight immediately?
I am only looking to keep them a short time as possible until I have 2 or 3 so I don't release them all alone but with one or two friends.

Any advice?

Thanks very much Sue.
Take care.
Bob Smile

Bob-P-

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! on Mon 23 Oct 2017, 8:41 am

@Bob-P- wrote:
Hi Rodents rock
Another great story! I think any story about showing kindness and compassion to animals is well worth sharing. I remember seeing my Grandpa pick up bumble bees in his garden when I was a child  and so I always thought it was normal (lol)!!! They won't sting unless you are very rough or hurt them but unlike honey bees they can sting more than once and won't die from stinging. I love bumble bees!!
Take care.
Bob  Smile

Hi Bob,
I love bumble bees too! There is actually a little saying about bumble bees that I just love, but I can't remember exactly how it goes, I will try to find it so I can share it with you.
Have a great day!
Rodents rock!

Happy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! on Mon 23 Oct 2017, 9:04 am

Hi Bob,
Here are the sayings:

Bumblebees are not designed to fly. It's body is too heavy for it's light wings, wings that should not be able to keep it in the air. Bumblebees refuse to accept their limitations. It flies in spite of what it's been told it cannot do. It knows it's strength. Be a bumblebee.

Aerodynamically the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know it so it goes on flying anyway.

The hum of bees is the voice of the garden.
Rodents rock!

Happy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob-P- on Tue 24 Oct 2017, 12:19 pm

Hi Rodents rock,
Thanks for sharing those sayings, I like the last one best.
Take care, Smile

Bob-P-

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob-P- on Tue 24 Oct 2017, 12:21 pm

Thanks Peachy,
Great footage!!, Hopefully my traps will work better but I won't be suprized if they don't Jester
Take care, Smile

Bob-P-

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum