Useful Links
Forum Rules
Please read the forum rules before posting. If you have any questions, contact a moderator.

Pet Mouse Info
Links to help you find all the care info threads throughout the forum.

Contact
Use this link if you need to get in touch with the administration team without an account.

FAQ (forum)
Frequently Asked Questions about the forum.

Vetective™
Vetective™ is "a community-driven exotic mammal veterinarian locator and review service."

Pet Adoption
ChatBox

Mouse just tired after waking up or more?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mouse just tired after waking up or more?

Post by melsmousies on Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:12 am

Hello,

I'm a new mousie mom to two beautiful girls, Gemma & Spot, I've had them for 4 months now and got them when they were babies. I hope I'm just being paranoid but I had to change out their food dish and woke Spot up in the process is it normal for them to be groggy after waking up? She was breathing quickly and just seemed foggy and quickly found another spot to rest. I hope she isn't sick Sad Any suggestions? She was eating, I didn't see any diarrhea or bald spots she looks like her normal self. Thanks for any help.
melsmousies

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mouse just tired after waking up or more?

Post by scaredymouse on Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:42 am

Sometimes they sleep really hard, just like we do. I've had mice be fast asleep after I picked their house up and even touched them. I think it has to do with how safe they feel. They sleep through their cage mates walking all over them because it's familiar to them. When my little guy woke up and found me looking at him, he was quite surprised by still laid there a minute. I wouldn't worry.

You did a good assessment, too. If you're worried, always do a little head to tail assessment. Are they acting normal, eating, drinking, pooping, peeing, playing? I wouldn't worry.

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Sherberta, Gunther, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top