Housing Pictures

Page 20 of 23 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Housing Pictures

Post by September on Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:37 pm

Baron's set up for this week! I'm not quite satisfied with it but it'll do I suppose. There's always next week to improve :p (I put the cage by the window to get pics with natural light, it doesn't stay there)

September

Virgo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn on Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:59 pm

I built a new house for Flynn today! He was long overdue, having become tame enough for the big space plenty long ago, but the bout with mites put a cramp in things.

Here it is in all its glory, the nicest one I've made yet!

A 3-tier affair, with two large bottom floors and then a small feeding station at the top. Top bit has food, chew sticks, and a sock to hide in while he grabs goodies, a rope leads to floor 2 which has some toys (mostly tubes), his wheel, and water, then a ramp goes down to floor 3 which has his sandbox for digging (new, deep star shaped glass sandbox, thanks dollar store!), and a bunch of hides with soft bedding to climb on and in and to nest in- his ceramic square doodad, a little box stuffed with bedding, and the greatest of all toys, one of those cardboard doodads that sometimes comes in packaging with weird lumpy bits for climbing and nibbling and a cave underneath when you flip it over. The ones that fast food places give you drinks to go in work great too but these come in like, big ink cartridge boxes for the copy machine at work and they are so cool.

Finished product in the rodent area of my room next to the Hamstervitory, previous project, ancestral home of Hodag the hamster and probably many of his successors.

Need a name for the new digs, current tentative title is Mouse Tower but that doesn't seem very special, ideas appreciated!

Thing is honestly probably large enough for about five mice but eh, he's on his own so he might as well have a mansion. When I move for school and make a third for the new girlies I'm thinking of doing another 3 tier again but with a bottom that's really long, a middle about the size of one of the bigger floors on this one, and then another small one on the top. We'll see!

So far he's really afraid to move between the floors. The rope to and from the feeding station is a no-go so tomorrow I have to go to the pet store and get like, a ladder for a bird cage or something. He's just going to have to suck it up with that ramp I made though, kiddo won't die it's a ramp, I put sandpaper on it for traction (and the trimming of tiny toenails) there's absolutely no way he can't figure it out, he's just being a little bawk bawk chickenbutt.

You guys he is so cute.
Unicorn
Sr Member
Sr Member

Wishful

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:48 am

That's enormouse! I usually glue fleece to cardboard ramps and everyone does fine with those no matter how steep. I've spent entirely too long trying to think of a name for your creation, you're on your own.

Have fun Flynn!

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Sherberta, Slappy (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn on Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:05 pm

scaredymouse wrote:That's enormouse!  I usually glue fleece to cardboard ramps and everyone does fine with those no matter how steep.  I've spent entirely too long trying to think of a name for your creation, you're on your own.  

Have fun Flynn!

Ah you are the smartest, what a great idea! I will make a ramp like that for him, it's perfect, I even have fleece already. And maybe a wee hammock too. Thank you for the idea!

Update: Absolutely best idea ever, immediately went up into the top bit once I put the cardboard + fleece ramp in, I'll be using that trick a lot more in the future!
Unicorn
Sr Member
Sr Member

Wishful

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:05 pm

That bin cage is the coolest!! Glad Flynn is getting more confident in it. Smile

Becky's Girls: Becky, Soong, Dotty, Tulip, Ladybug, Petunia, and Posey
Lulie's girls: Lulie, Pearl, Yoko, Cora, Dulcie, Dandy, and BumbleBee
Boys: Yoshi, Frog, and Mika
Peachy

Scorpio Dancing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:13 pm

Spring/Easter theme

Still keeping it pretty simple while the girls bond. You'll probably need to click to view the whole pic.

Twix, Bacon, Hashbrown, Daryl, Cheeseburger,
Seren, Celyn, and Hazel
CallaLily

Aquarius Wishful

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sigildoe on Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:37 pm

Still super excited to get my babies! Love
Wanted to show off how far I've gotten in my habitat for them!

I know I'm missing a water bottle but I get paid tomorrow so I'll add that and more toys before then.

There is a lot of free space I'm going to fill with toys and I still need to add tissue for nesting. It will be done before I get them so i'll update after I have them.

I do woner, is my substrate deep enough? I don't think mice burrow as much as hamsters but I do worry.
Sigildoe
Jr Member
Jr Member

Aries Pokemaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:51 pm

It looks great so far! I miss how lightweight bins are, if I could find one as see-through as yours I probably wouldn't have switched. lol

I think your bedding is definitely deep enough. Some mice like to burrow and others don't... My current girls are great at tunneling and fluffing up their bedding, I never think I put that much in but somehow they still build mountains. Scratch
Peachy

Scorpio Dancing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by River on Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:57 pm

It looks plenty deep enough, I'd say. What a cute MES as well! Good job.

Pisces Paranoid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PastelMouse on Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:49 pm

September wrote:Baron's set up for this week! I'm not quite satisfied with it but it'll do I suppose. There's always next week to improve :p (I put the cage by the window to get pics with natural light, it doesn't stay there)

I love your setup, what size tank is that?

* Tilly, female Syrian Hamster, over 1 year old
* Heidi, plott hound mix, 2 years old
* Gumdrop, box turtle, 18 years old
PastelMouse

Curious

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GabbiLuvsMice on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:58 pm

Heres the spring tank setup! I was really hoping to get some green bedding for "grass" but I think it looks really cute. I just made the hanging felt cubes and rambunctious Ivory is already all over them! Razz

GabbiLuvsMice
Sr Member
Sr Member

Gemini Wishful

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by louiee on Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:38 am

Here is the 110 quart Sterilite bin my three females live in. I've just had to change their bedding from a mix of aspen and paper bedding to 100% paper bedding because I think my little Thistle is allergic to the aspen.  Worry Thistle is the little brown and white one you can see in the second picture, Blossom is the albino, and Sage is nowhere to be found (as usual).

Hearts Hearts  Hearts  
Rainbow2 remembering: lily  Rainbow2
louiee

Aries Spaced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! on Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:50 pm

louiee, that looks great! Lots of room to add more things! That is the same size bin I got for my Winter White Hamster, Cam, and he is loving it Very Happy

If after a while, Thistle is still showing symptoms of an allergy to something, you may want to consider taking out anything made from popsicle sticks as that is what my Mickey was allergic to.

Aries Caffeine Fix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianExport on Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:15 pm

That is the exact bin that my girls had! It is fantastic, one thing I did so that I could hang things from around the sides was drill small holes all around the top of the sides. Then I could hang things with hemp/sisal rope like hammocks, bird toys, ladders etc. Good luck with the allergies, I had a girl like that too.
CanadianExport
Sr Member
Sr Member

Libra Fine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Tue May 02, 2017 2:11 pm

No real theme this time, though it still looks very Spring to me.   I decided to give them the castle again, since Hazel loves it so much.  I left out the hammocks because she's struggling a bit with the climb.

Twix, Bacon, Hashbrown, Daryl, Cheeseburger,
Seren, Celyn, and Hazel
CallaLily

Aquarius Wishful

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 23 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top