UK Breeders?

Go down

UK Breeders?

Post by moosticks on Tue 28 Nov 2017, 1:59 pm

Breeders in the UK seem to be hard to come by. Especially in the south. And pet shops don't seem to sell mice at all. So, I'm wondering, where do other British members get their mice from? I used a breeder in Gloucester to get my original mice, however I am having difficulty finding a mutually convenient time to go back to get some more (which is a real shame because she has some beautiful litters right now! Heart Eyes ). My girls are bickering and I'm wanting to get some more cage mates asap. Any suggestions of where I can try would be very much appreciated. Smile

Jr Member
Jr Member

Aries Festive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: UK Breeders?

Post by stephlisa on Tue 28 Nov 2017, 3:12 pm

I got my boys from a rescue - there are normally a few in each area. Not sure where you are, but Wood Green is my favourite rescue - their Godmanchester branch had lots of youngsters about 2 months ago and they often hang around there for ages.

My previous boy Colin came from a Jollyes Pet Store. Not as well bred, but they look after them well there.

Sorry I can't be much more help.

Aquarius Zen
1st Place -- November 2016

View user profile http://instagram.com/stephanellimouse

Back to top Go down

Post by moosticks on Tue 28 Nov 2017, 3:26 pm

Aye, I've been keeping an eye on the local rescue pages near me (there is one literally 2 minutes up the road), but ours rarely ever have mice. Maybe mice just aren't popular pets in the Lewes area. Confused

I had never heard of Jollyes, so I just looked it up and there is a store not so far from here! I will call them tomorrow and see what the deal is with their small pets. Very Happy Thank you for the information!

Jr Member
Jr Member

Aries Festive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stephlisa on Tue 28 Nov 2017, 4:25 pm

I hadn't either till my parents said they got some stuff for their cats from there and commented that they had some mice. This was when we were first deciding what pet we wanted!
At our local store they seemed pretty knowledgeable and aside from picking the mice up by their tails seemed to know what they were doing.

Aquarius Zen
1st Place -- November 2016

View user profile http://instagram.com/stephanellimouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Quisp_ on Fri 03 Aug 2018, 7:32 am

Hey guys,
I didn't want to start a new subject for this and since this one is about UK breeders I thought it's best to try here first. I have two female mice, sisters. I have had them since August last year they are just over year old. I have been struggling basically since I got them as they fight. I initially had 3, managed to rehome one to another home, she was the bully so I thought it will sort things out, but sadly it didn't. There is still fights, not just small they actually draw blood. I therefore am considering rehomeing those two as well. I would really want to give them to someone who has a lot of other mice and could potentially try integrating them into a bigger group and hope that they fit in well. Someone with a lot of experience would be ideal so that they know how to deal in case problems do occur. I really want them to find a good home, other then the bickering they are lovely girls. Anybody knows anyone that could help?
Thanks in advance.

Quisp_

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down