Useful Links
Forum Rules
Please read the forum rules before posting. If you have any questions, contact a moderator.

Pet Mouse Info
Links to help you find all the care info threads throughout the forum.

Contact
Use this link if you need to get in touch with the administration team without an account.

FAQ (forum)
Frequently Asked Questions about the forum.

Vetective™
Vetective™ is "a community-driven exotic mammal veterinarian locator and review service."

Pet Adoption
ChatBox

Crazy social mouse?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Crazy social mouse?

Post by jubilee on Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:46 am

So I picked up a little female from Petco a week or two ago.  I chose her because she climbed into my hand as I was pointing at another mouse in the cage. She and Phoebe get along great after a few scuffles.

However, Sam is reeeeeeeeeeallly friendly.  When I walk into the room, she puts her little paws on the front of the cage and makes these cute little tiny speaks of... joy?  If I take of the cage top, she spins around under where my hand is as if she is excited and waiting for me to put my hand down.  When I put my hand in the cage, or sapphire ladder, she jumps into my hand or sprints up the ladder to get up to me.  She loves climbing around my shoulders and arms or hiding in my hair.  Is this normal for a mouse???  She will literally BEG to be handled. My veterinarian parents are (jokingly) saying that she has brain damage.  But I am starting to wonder if its true!! However, she is a dear, sweet little thing. I am just wondering if this is normal mousy behavior.

Love
jubilee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Crazy social mouse?

Post by Rodents rock! on Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:36 am

@jubilee wrote:So I picked up a little female from Petco a week or two ago.  I chose her because she climbed into my hand as I was pointing at another mouse in the cage. She and Phoebe get along great after a few scuffles.

However, Sam is reeeeeeeeeeallly friendly.  When I walk into the room, she puts her little paws on the front of the cage and makes these cute little tiny speaks of... joy?  If I take of the cage top, she spins around under where my hand is as if she is excited and waiting for me to put my hand down.  When I put my hand in the cage, or sapphire ladder, she jumps into my hand or sprints up the ladder to get up to me.  She loves climbing around my shoulders and arms or hiding in my hair.  Is this normal for a mouse???  She will literally BEG to be handled. My veterinarian parents are (jokingly) saying that she has brain damage.  But I am starting to wonder if its true!! However, she is a dear, sweet little thing. I am just wondering if this is normal mousy behavior.

Love

What a wonderful little mouse!  I have heard on the forum some people mention this about a new mouse. But I don't think it happens all that often.  So you sure got lucky to have a sweet little mouse from the get go, with no training necessary! Very Happy
Rodents rock!

Aries Caffeine Fix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:42 pm

Yep, it happens sometimes! Just count your blessings and enjoy your new little furiend. Just like people, every now and they you run across a super friendly one! I've come home with quite a few little friends that just weren't afraid... they were just all curiosity. Have fun!

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Sherberta, Gunther, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:31 pm

Yep, what they said. Daryl was like that. I miss the little guy. Don't get me wrong, my girls have been great. Just not as interested in me. Laughing

Mouse12
CallaLily

Aquarius Wishful

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top