Aging

Go down

Aging

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner on Fri 08 Dec 2017, 11:15 pm

At what point in a mouse's life do they usually start showing signs of aging? Blossom is almost 1.5 years old already, and she is not slowing down a bit, nor does she look old at all. However, Holly started looking rough quite early compared to how good Blossom still looks. Is it just like people, how we all age at a different pace?

Angel Remembering: Violet, Snow, Holly, Lilac, Clover, Petal, Cotton, Sugar, Autumn, Willow, Blossom, and Daisy
AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ

Back to top Go down

Re: Aging

Post by River on Fri 08 Dec 2017, 11:48 pm

I think it differs. Maier didn't show signs until her last month, roughly. She was a year and eight months. Graham is only a month younger and she only recently got to the "chubby" phase of old age.
River

Pisces Spaced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Sat 09 Dec 2017, 9:04 am

I think it depends on the mouse.

Gerbils: Oghren & Merin / Jeffrey, Geoffrey, & Jeffri /
Hamlet & Horatio / Emrys, Cream, & Hershey / 
Bill & Frances   Hearts  Hamster: Daydream
CallaLily

Aquarius Spooky

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Sat 09 Dec 2017, 8:13 pm

I've had mice get old around 15 months and others... well, my Frog was two months away from three years old and you never would have guessed it! He didn't seem old at all. Go Blossom! Cheer

~Alex, Verity & Finnegan~
~Milo~
Peachy

Scorpio Mellow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner on Mon 11 Dec 2017, 11:07 pm

Good to know! I hope she lives to be ancient and still looks young! Very Happy

These are pics of her just from a few minutes ago, she doesn't look old one bit!

Angel Remembering: Violet, Snow, Holly, Lilac, Clover, Petal, Cotton, Sugar, Autumn, Willow, Blossom, and Daisy
AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by Blessed on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 11:24 am

She's like a Persian in mouse form! Lol Sign

But yeah, it probably depends on the mouse. To be honest, two of mine who died both got really active before they did. They both died young... (at least, I'd imagine Lydia was young, since I got her from Petco).
But if Blossom is very healthy still, then I'm not surprised that she's still pretty active. Hearts

Blessed
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 1:34 pm

Every time I look at that third picture, I giggle because she reminds me of a goat. Giggle

~Alex, Verity & Finnegan~
~Milo~
Peachy

Scorpio Mellow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mice Are Cute on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 1:55 pm

She is so cute!

Remembering: Rainbow Angel ]Blondie, Obi (Hamster), and Grayson  Heart Eyes

Other Pets: Hunter (dog) Kiss
Mice Are Cute
Sr Member
Sr Member

Pisces Inspired

View user profile https://thehappymilkshakeblog.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 2:31 pm

I've seen mice start to age as early as a year. But it's a lot like people. I like to think of a year as about 40 years old for a mouse. I'm sure you've seen some "old" 50 year olds and some really youthful 80 year olds. It's like that. They are susceptible to all the same ailments we are, so while they might be young they might be getting early onset arthritis or back pain, etc.

Gilly and Furgie who almost lived to be 3, were definitely old. They were old for about 8 months before they died. And then there are mice like my Charlie who was well over 2, and other than his OCD scratching, he was as youthful as the day i got him.

Blossom is so cute, I hope she stays young forever!

Other pets: Little Buddy, Kevin (cats) Sherberta, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, Harold, Spike, Mia, Mim, Henrietta(hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas), Herman/Figaro Whooopers/Burlington (guinea pigs)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blessed on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 3:11 pm

@Peachy wrote:Every time I look at that third picture, I giggle because she reminds me of a goat. Giggle
I didn't think of that, lol! But in some pictures, she kind of reminds me of a DJ or Campbell Dwarf hamster; just the angle her face is at in the picture; and she also reminds me of a cow with the pretty bald face...that's a compliment, not an insult (I like cows)! Love

Blessed
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 3:56 pm

@Blessed wrote:She's like a Persian in mouse form! Lol Sign

But yeah, it probably depends on the mouse. To be honest, two of mine who died both got really active before they did. They both died young... (at least, I'd imagine Lydia was young, since I got her from Petco).
But if Blossom is very healthy still, then I'm not surprised that she's still pretty active. Hearts
Hehe, yeah, she's fluffy!

Interesting, my Holly and Clover were both very active till the day they died too, they seemed completely normal right before, I'd imagine it was just something sudden from bad genetics, and didn't have something to do with old age.

@Peachy wrote:Every time I look at that third picture, I giggle because she reminds me of a goat. Giggle
Hehe, now that you say that, her personality reminds me of a goat's Laughing No offense to her, of course. She's just so goofy and random sometimes Laugh And that look she gets in her eyes... lol!

@Mice Are Cute wrote:She is so cute!
Thank you!

@scaredymouse wrote:I've seen mice start to age as early as a year.  But it's a lot like people.  I like to think of a year as about 40 years old for a mouse.  I'm sure you've seen some "old" 50 year olds and some really youthful 80 year olds.  It's like that.  They are susceptible to all the same ailments we are, so while they might be young they might be getting early onset arthritis or back pain, etc.

Gilly and Furgie who almost lived to be 3, were definitely old.  They were old for about 8 months before they died.  And then there are mice like my Charlie who was well over 2, and other than his OCD scratching, he was as youthful as the day i got him.

Blossom is so cute, I hope she stays young forever!
Yeah, I get it! Everyone, and every mouse, is different, I suppose! I never thought of them to be getting back pain/arthritis/etc., but considering how similar they are to us, that's definitely possible! Interesting to think about!

Thank you!

Scout is a little over a year too, and he looks a little more "rough" I guess you could say, and he has put on a little weight lol, but he's still definitely himself. He still climbs like he's young! In fact, I just got a photo of him yesterday too, climbing on top of the puzzle playground!

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down