The new bin topper!

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The new bin topper!

Post by goldfishfanforever on Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:54 am

CinnamonPearl wrote:It looks awesome! How big is it? Seems like you could fit quite a few ladies in there.
Thank you Smile the topper is 30x14 inches Smile
goldfishfanforever
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aries Energetic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by goldfishfanforever on Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:56 am

abeona wrote:My mice never had any interest in bothering zip ties... It might be worth it to see how they do with them before you change it. I tried wire with a second mini-topper and it was so much trouble.
Okay so maybe some mice are more of chewed a than others?? I used wire on my other bin cages and I absolutely hated it as it was so tedious and I always sed to hurt myself when cleaning the bins out. Sad
goldfishfanforever
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aries Energetic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:13 am

Wire is a pain, I would definitely just watch them first... Some mice might chew them, others might not. You had a good plan with the toys for distractions, especially if that won't be the main level.
Peachy

Scorpio Dancing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by goldfishfanforever on Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:27 am

abeona wrote:Wire is a pain, I would definitely just watch them first... Some mice might chew them, others might not. You had a good plan with the toys for distractions, especially if that won't be the main level.
Atm I have a ton of hanging toys and tubes for them so they are less inclined to chew the zip ties and I will add a ton of popsicle stick MES to help even more Smile now all I need to do is show my dad the cage and hope he says yes...
goldfishfanforever
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aries Energetic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by goldfishfanforever on Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:22 pm

So i have made a contract to hopefully allow me to get mice as when my dad asked me why would I make something like what I did I said I wanted mice and he didn't seem up for it but the contract I have created is very generous so maybe that can persuade him Smile
goldfishfanforever
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aries Energetic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover on Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:18 pm

Show him cute mouse pictures. Share interesting facts about mice with him. Give him reasons why mice make great pets. Most people who don't like mice, don't really know what mice are like. Anyone who knows real, pet mice couldn't say no Razz

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by goldfishfanforever on Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:10 pm

MouseLover wrote:Show him cute mouse pictures. Share interesting facts about mice with him. Give him reasons why mice make great pets. Most people who don't like mice, don't really know what mice are like. Anyone who knows real, pet mice couldn't say no Razz
Yeah but I already have quite a few pets which is the problem Sad
goldfishfanforever
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aries Energetic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl on Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:09 pm

I'm sure he'll come around. I don't really get it though- how come you need a contract?

Check out my Etsy shop, CinnamonMouse Crochet!
CinnamonPearl

Pisces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by goldfishfanforever on Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:11 pm

CinnamonPearl wrote:I'm sure he'll come around. I don't really get it though- how come you need a contract?
So I can say if you let me get this then I will do a lot of things in return as a way of saying thank you sort of
goldfishfanforever
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aries Energetic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl on Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:14 pm

Oh okay, that makes sense. You could promise to do chores and stuff, but I find for most parents it doesn't make a difference since their issue is with the animal, not necessarily anything you're doing. You just have to show him how awesome mice are and never shut up about it. And I mean, ever. Also, a video of mice playing basketball doesn't hurt.

CinnamonPearl

Pisces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bandit Cat on Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:19 pm

I had this problem with my parents too! The issues were that I already had a lot of pets, and that they thought mice were icky. One look at Cotton, and their first reaction was, "Look at how cute he is!"
Is it possible for you to take them to a shelter or pet store to look at mice? Pictures of mice might also help. Smile

Pets: Bandit (cat), Yahtzee, Peanut, and Gingersnap (gerbils), Cotton (mouse), Calypso and Merlin (bettas), my 60 gallon fish tank, discus tank, shrimp tank, guppy tank and a new bearded dragon called Simber!
Bandit Cat

Daring

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by goldfishfanforever on Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:20 pm

CinnamonPearl wrote:Oh okay, that makes sense. You could promise to do chores and stuff, but I find for most parents it doesn't make a difference since their issue is with the animal, not necessarily anything you're doing. You just have to show him how awesome mice are and never shut up about it. And I mean, ever. Also, a video of mice playing basketball doesn't hurt.
I've tried that before with pets and they have got super angry as I never shut up and would not let me get hem Sad
goldfishfanforever
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aries Energetic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by goldfishfanforever on Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:21 pm

Bandit Cat wrote:I had this problem with my parents too! The issues were that I already had a lot of pets, and that they thought mice were icky. One look at Cotton, and their first reaction was, "Look at how cute he is!"
Is it possible for you to take them to a shelter or pet store to look at mice? Pictures of mice might also help. Smile
we have a pet store that sells them but I want to adopt some and the closest are over 40 miles away (if I adopt that is) Sad
goldfishfanforever
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aries Energetic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl on Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:24 pm

Okay, then definitely don't do that. All parents are different after all. You know, my mom was scared of mice for about fifty years, but the instant she saw my first three girls, her mind was immediately changed. She immediately fell in love with the animals and hasn't gone back since. Sure, she doesn't always wanna hold them, but she doesn't love them any less. Fifty years of phobia completely erased. Maybe you should just try introducing them to a mouse. Bandit Cat had a good idea of taking them to a shelter or a pet store where you could show them. Even if you end up adopting, a local pet store would be good for getting them used to mice.

CinnamonPearl

Pisces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by goldfishfanforever on Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:29 pm

CinnamonPearl wrote:Okay, then definitely don't do that. All parents are different after all. You know, my mom was scared of mice for about fifty years, but the instant she saw my first three girls, her mind was immediately changed. She immediately fell in love with the animals and hasn't gone back since. Sure, she doesn't always wanna hold them, but she doesn't love them any less. Fifty years of phobia completely erased. Maybe you should just try introducing them to a mouse. Bandit Cat had a good idea of taking them to a shelter or a pet store where you could show them. Even if you end up adopting, a local pet store would be good for getting them used to mice.
Yeah I could try that and my mum was the same about hamsters apart from she will only stroke them now even though she thinks they are cute. My mum hates tails which is one of the reasons she didn't like my past gerbils but I'm not sure as she thinks mice are cute but once my dad has made up his mind he is hard to change sadly Sad
goldfishfanforever
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aries Energetic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top