The new bin topper!

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The new bin topper!

Post by Artistwolf on Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:33 pm

Yeah, it's a tricky business when it comes to parents. Like, you don't want to annoy them but you also have to be persistent! Make sure that they're on board with vet expenses and just taking a mouse to the vet and getting it medical care. If you've got that, that's one hurdle overcome. Without pestering, become a huge mouse fan. Draw mice and hang them up around your room or something. But remember that making a cage doesn't always work to convince a parent... It didn't for me. But then I've had a lot of pet disasters in the past. I guess that's somewhat equivalent to your problem of having too many animals (successfully). Though kind of the opposite. But parents would probably react the same way Laughing

(I'm currently donating 25% of proceeds to my local low-cost spay/neuter clinic!)
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

View user profile http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by goldfishfanforever on Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:36 pm

@Artistwolf wrote:Yeah, it's a tricky business when it comes to parents. Like, you don't want to annoy them but you also have to be persistent! Make sure that they're on board with vet expenses and just taking a mouse to the vet and getting it medical care. If you've got that, that's one hurdle overcome. Without pestering, become a huge mouse fan. Draw mice and hang them up around your room or something. But remember that making a cage doesn't always work to convince a parent... It didn't for me. But then I've had a lot of pet disasters in the past. I guess that's somewhat equivalent to your problem of having too many animals (successfully). Though kind of the opposite. But parents would probably react the same way Laughing
I take my guinea pigs to the vets and we took my gerbils before and I paid for them so they are happy with that it's just I think they want me to have a less animal orientated room that doesn't look like a zoo but then again I do have a computer and I always spend my money on my pets before I want to buy a cheap game or something for my computer so maybe they think I'm a bit too responsible if that makes sense?!
goldfishfanforever
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aries Energetic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf on Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:43 pm

@goldfishfanforever wrote:maybe they think I'm a bit too responsible if that makes sense?!
Laughing That's a good problem to have! Cat3 Man I wish I had so many animals.

(I'm currently donating 25% of proceeds to my local low-cost spay/neuter clinic!)
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

Back to top Go down

Post by goldfishfanforever on Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:44 pm

@Artistwolf wrote:
@goldfishfanforever wrote:maybe they think I'm a bit too responsible if that makes sense?!
Laughing That's a good problem to have! :cat3:Man I wish I had so many animals.
You really don't want the amount of animals I have as just cleaning three hamsters out can take about 5 hours Shocked
goldfishfanforever
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aries Energetic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl on Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:44 pm

I can't imagine having that problem. I pay for my pets' expenses, but my mom handles all vet care. Thank goodness for that- how else would I afford my video games? I can't live without Undertale and Ori! Laughing

Check out my Etsy shop, CinnamonMouse Crochet!
CinnamonPearl

Pisces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by goldfishfanforever on Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:48 pm

@CinnamonPearl wrote:I can't imagine having that problem. I pay for my pets' expenses, but my mom handles all vet care. Thank goodness for that- how else would I afford my video games? I can't live without Undertale and Ori! Laughing
Haha I live on one time purchases such as minecraft or steam games Smile
goldfishfanforever
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aries Energetic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf on Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:49 pm

@goldfishfanforever wrote:
@Artistwolf wrote:You really don't want the amount of animals I have as just cleaning three hamsters out can take about 5 hours Shocked
And you want a mouse too?! LOL I can understand that. Maybe your dad would be more receptive after some of your animals die though (wow that sounds terrible) so don't lose hope too quickly if he initially says no. Out of curiosity, what are all your pets?

Artistwolf

Aries Busy

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl on Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:50 pm

Steam is the bomb. It's the only place to get the really great indie games, unless they happen to be funded by Microsoft or something. I used to play Minecraft a couple years ago- I always had five wolves and four horses at all times. Could never find any cats though.

But we're getting a little off topic (or at least I am. Leave it to me to wanna talk about games). Maybe you could use your hamster care to prove that you'll be on top of these mice?

CinnamonPearl

Pisces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by goldfishfanforever on Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:53 pm

@Artistwolf wrote:
@goldfishfanforever wrote:
@Artistwolf wrote:You really don't want the amount of animals I have as just cleaning three hamsters out can take about 5 hours Shocked
And you want a mouse too?! LOL I can understand that. Maybe your dad would be more receptive after some of your animals die though (wow that sounds terrible) so don't lose hope too quickly if he initially says no. Out of curiosity, what are all your pets?
3 guinea pigs (6,4 and 1 years old), 2 Syrian hamsters (2 and 1 although one had been at a pet store a year and a half), 1 robo hamster (1 year old), 4 hermit crabs and 3 fish tanks plus a pond. We also have two dogs Smile
goldfishfanforever
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aries Energetic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by goldfishfanforever on Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:54 pm

@CinnamonPearl wrote:Steam is the bomb. It's the only place to get the really great indie games, unless they happen to be funded by Microsoft or something. I used to play Minecraft a couple years ago- I always had five wolves and four horses at all times. Could never find any cats though.

But we're getting a little off topic (or at least I am. Leave it to me to wanna talk about games). Maybe you could use your hamster care to prove that you'll be on top of these mice?
Yeah I could use my hamster care Smile and who cares if we go off topic everyone has tangents Jester
goldfishfanforever
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aries Energetic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl on Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:55 pm

Holy moly! :O That's a LOT of pets! I used to have a somewhat similar amount, but the workload just got to me. I'm super content with having just a mouse tank, a fish tank, and a low-maintenance pond right now.

CinnamonPearl

Pisces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf on Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:56 pm

Shocked Wow.ClapCool Sign

Artistwolf

Aries Busy

Back to top Go down

Post by goldfishfanforever on Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:57 pm

@CinnamonPearl wrote:Holy moly! :O That's a LOT of pets! I used to have a somewhat similar amount, but the workload just got to me. I'm super content with having just a mouse tank, a fish tank, and a low-maintenance pond right now.
I clean all my tanks for my fish on a weekly basis, the guinea pigs every few weeks and the hamsters get cleaned out every month or so or when they get stinky.
goldfishfanforever
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aries Energetic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by goldfishfanforever on Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:58 pm

@Artistwolf wrote:Shocked Wow.ClapCool Sign
Laugh I think I'm a bit of a crazy animal nutter Razz
goldfishfanforever
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aries Energetic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl on Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:01 pm

See, I do the opposite. I clean the mouse tank weekly, the fish tank every 2-3 weeks (I should do more, but eh), and the pond twice a year. I only have four goldfish in a 3000+ pond, so it's all it needs.

(Edit: Oh my god, Artistwolf, your new icon scared the life out of me! For some reason I just did not expect it to change. Laughing)

CinnamonPearl

Pisces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top