What colours are my mice?

Go down

Re: What colours are my mice?

Post by River on Wed 20 Dec 2017, 10:12 am

The brownish-white one is a broken champagne. The yellow one is either a recessive or lethal yellow, but I can't tell for sure. They do look shiny in the last picture, so they may also be satin coated.
River

Pisces Spaced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Wed 20 Dec 2017, 11:14 am

Looks like:

#1 broken champagne
#2 satin RY and broken champagne
#3 CUTE broken champagne
#4 the one in the cage is broken satin RY, out of the cage satin RY

Other pets: Little Buddy, Kevin (cats) Sherberta, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, Harold, Spike, Mia, Mim, Henrietta(hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas), Herman/Figaro Whooopers/Burlington (guinea pigs)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Frizzle on Thu 21 Dec 2017, 12:18 am

For a better photo ID, you should try to get photos next to a natural light source, like a window.

The pied (broken is a specific show marking of selectively bred pied) in photos 1 and 2 might be a pied champagne, or a warm pied dove.

The yellow mouse in photo two is likely recessive yellow, unless you got her from a breeder in the US (still a rare gene over here), or are UK based. Otherwise she could be an undermarked brindle (happens more often then you think!)

3rd photo I'd peg as a warm pied dove before a champagne, but again, window photos would help.

4th photo, same synopsis as the yellow mouse in photo number 2, with the addition of satin. If either mouse has red eyes(one in cage??), it would show as a fawn (but genetically would just be the pink eye dilution on top of the listed possibilities above)

Frizzle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittymore on Thu 21 Dec 2017, 8:24 am

I have two greyish white ones one is banded, the other is more varied marked in the photos, are they the same coat then?

I have a banded yellow one
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/25446407_10155396018862872_2120301782596283364_n.jpg?oh=b645c56cca08fb321d580b97e8daa849&oe=5AFE5F5A
She seems shiny and slightly longhaired?

The two orange ones
One has black eyes the other has red

I also have a spotted black one that looks like a cow?

Kittymore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down