Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mysterious Sickness

Go down

Mysterious Sickness Empty Mysterious Sickness

Post by OreoSqueaks on Thu 28 Dec 2017, 7:40 pm

My mom let me get a mouse. He was kind of aggressive as he never truly tamed and bit new people until they bled. One day, I noticed that he had diarrhea. Then the next day, his eyes were sunken. He got worse until one day he was hunched in the corner barely moving. I took him to the vet but he didn’t make it Sad I then got a hamster but because he needed a bigger cage and what I had for my mouse, his cage sits useless.After what happened and the fact that I was pretty inexperienced and did not provide my mouse with the best possible care. Also, I have just recently got a hamster. I want to try more mice but I am scared of this happening again and I also think my mom won’t let me get more mice. How can I convince her again and what do you guys think killed my old mouse? Thanks!

OreoSqueaks

Back to top Go down

Mysterious Sickness Empty Re: Mysterious Sickness

Post by Nijimi にじみ on Fri 29 Dec 2017, 6:45 am

I did some research for you and it could just be the diarrhea itself that killed your mouse. "Diarrhea is a common problem, usually deriving from stress, too much fresh food, salmonella, ordinary upset stomach, or the final clearing of constipation. It is very common in older mice. It is nothing too serious, just make sure your mouse is getting plenty to drink; as I mentioned above, you can use an eyedropper to force it to drink. Dehydration causes death in hours, so be careful. Diarrhea is not usually vet-worthy and can clear up easily on its own; however, if it persists for more than a day or two, go and have it checked. Keep your mouse in conditions as clean and comfortable as possible. Be sure plain, fresh food and water are available at all times. Rest is needed."-PetHelpful

Back to top Go down

Post by River on Fri 29 Dec 2017, 11:46 am

Also, since this is in wild mouse care, I'd say salmonella or something similar was definitely more likely.

River
River

Pisces Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down