He's Here!!! :D

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: He's Here!!! :D

Post by CinnamonPearl on Wed 03 Jan 2018, 4:06 am

Oh dang! He does look like that silver fox rabbit! Would that be his breed or just his pattern?

Pisces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by River on Wed 03 Jan 2018, 12:09 pm

The silver fox is a breed! They're believed to be the third to be bred in America.

My sister has one, and I fostered one in the past -- they were both lovely. Rabbits around that size tend to be my favorites. Heart
River

Pisces Spaced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl on Wed 03 Jan 2018, 12:13 pm

So my friend and his mom gave their input. My friend says he might be a New Zealand mix, and his mother said he's either a flemish (whatever that is) or an American cross. So, I'm not any closer to figuring out his breed, unfortunately. X___X I'll probably ask his vet on Tuesday, just cause I'm totally stumped.

Pisces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by River on Wed 03 Jan 2018, 12:18 pm

A Flemish is a giant breed (perhaps the largest of the species) that's about 14-20 pounds or more! He doesn't look quite that large enough to be, but it's certainly possible if he's larger in real life. Their minimum weight for show here is 13 pounds -- that's pretty huge on its own. The rest are definitely possible! NZ mixes can look silvery, and the American cross has a lot if varieties as well.

I'm sure you'll be able to find out soon. A bit of research will help if a vet does not. Maybe the rabbit forum will have more opinions?
River

Pisces Spaced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl on Wed 03 Jan 2018, 12:31 pm

No, he's quite small. I can lift him no problem! He was 6.5 pounds in November, he's probably more now since he was a stray. He's easily liftable though, even for someone quite weak like me. So I'm super lost on what sort of breed he is. I wanna know so I can know about his lifespan and any different health requirements he might have, but.. X__X

Pisces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl on Thu 04 Jan 2018, 11:15 am

Aaaah he's such a good bunny! Ive started leaving his door open when Im in the room, and he loves to come out and run around and binky all over the place! He's also been using his litter box like a good boy. ^w^ He didnt at first, but all I had to do was throw his droppings into the box and now he uses it like a champ! My friends all came over yesterday to meet him. Theyve started calling him Don Fluffles, the boss of the timothy hay black markets. Hahaha! Laughing

Pisces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by River on Fri 12 Jan 2018, 11:08 pm

How's he doing? Is he settling in well?

River

Pisces Spaced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl on Sat 13 Jan 2018, 12:42 am

He's doing great! Very Happy He's really happy living here, he binkies all the time! I was sick today so we've been hanging out all day. He likes to lie against the closet door while I sit near him and play pokemon or use the computer. He's even been coming up to me a lot more and climbing on me and stuff! He's become my little buddy very quickly. ^w^ My mice like to come out and play with me, but Clover has a sort of awareness that the girls don't, and it's a really welcome change. I feel like at some point in the future, I'll just be a full-time bunny owner!

Pisces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! on Thu 08 Feb 2018, 6:45 pm

How is Clover doing? Any new photos to share?
Rodents rock!

Happy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl on Thu 08 Feb 2018, 7:52 pm

Ah, he's doing great! Very Happy He's really blossomed since he's gotten here. He used to be a snuggly and energetic but otherwise mellow rabbit, but now he's a little ball of energy with a great sense of humor! He loves to bully the cat, he gets such a kick out of it. X"D He's got Felix scared stiff of him and he knows it. And he loves to snuggle! I really couldn't be happier with him. ^w^

Here're some pics!

These are all a bit older, but I haven't gotten the most recent pics onto my computer yet. But I'll be sure to update you all soon!

Pisces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! on Thu 08 Feb 2018, 8:05 pm

Awww, he is sooooo adorable!!! I love him!!! Love Sounds like he really has a great personality. So glad to hear he is doing so well.
Rodents rock!

Happy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum