Vegans??

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Vegans??

Post by AppleCheeks on Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:55 pm

@goldfishfanforever wrote:I thought the only reason cows produced milk was because they have had a calf which is then ripped away from them so we get milk.
Yes and No. Yes because in most situations that is how people get their milk but no, because it isn't always. We use to have a house cow called Marmite, absolute darling of a cow, would mother absolutely anything. She produced a lot of milk and even with 4 calves on her, she would still have some left so we would milk her by hand.
We currently have a cow, Melrose, again she is an absolutely lovely cow but her udder gets far to big for the small calves she produces so we milk her daily to keep her udder to a size her calf can drink from.
AppleCheeks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vegans??

Post by goldfishfanforever on Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:57 pm

@AppleCheeks wrote:
@goldfishfanforever wrote:I thought the only reason cows produced milk was because they have had a calf which is then ripped away from them so we get milk.
Yes and No. Yes because in most situations that is how people get their milk but no, because it isn't always. We use to have a house cow called Marmite, absolute darling of a cow, would mother absolutely anything. She produced a lot of milk and even with 4 calves on her, she would still have some left so we would milk her by hand.
We currently have a cow, Melrose, again she is an absolutely lovely cow but her udder gets far to big for the small calves she produces so we milk her daily to keep her udder to a size her calf can drink from.
I think that is reasonable but I'm pretty sure most supermarket producing farms don't do that.
goldfishfanforever
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aries Energetic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum