Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Death of two mice

Go down

Death of two mice Empty Death of two mice

Post by NutellaGod98 on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 7:42 am

I had two lovely male mice for about three weeks. I saw no signs of sickness, until yesterday. Yesterday I notices one sneezing. But I thought oh well I'll go to the vet tommorow before it gets serious. They were up playing last night around 11, but when I woke up this morning I found both of them dead at the bottom of their habitat. They always cuddle together but they were spread far apart. They hadn't gotten into anything and they've been eating a balanced diet. They are very young too. Does anybody know what could have happened to them?

NutellaGod98

Back to top Go down

Death of two mice Empty Re: Death of two mice

Post by Mahjling on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 7:49 am

Are there any injuries on them? Male mice can't be housed together, they'll fight to the death. Or at least, to serious injury.

Otherwise, it could be a number of things. Some illness that didn't show--Prey animals are great at hiding symptoms. If the sneezing was bad, and paired with odd breathing, nasal discharge, or the like, it may also have been a URI that got seriously out of hand seriously fast.

Mahjling

Scorpio Dreaming

https://Belovedmice.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 7:52 am

Mice are really good at hiding illness so unfortunately by the time we notice symptoms, they’re often already very sick. Another possibility could be fighting. Male mice rarely get along past maturity and will fight causing serious injury and even death. This can happen suddenly out of nowhere, even with boys who previously appeared to be getting on. If this is the case you’d likely see injuries though. I’m so sorry for your loss.

CallaLily

No Mood

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down