Pregnant?

Go down

Pregnant?

Post by TiramisuTheMouse on Sat 17 Feb 2018, 3:38 pm

I just brought home three new girls and I am really excited. They are all white and I can hardly tell them apart but that is all my local pet store had.
I am kinda freaking out though because on of them looks pregnant. I have decided I can deal with it if she is, but I really hope so is just chubby. Here are some photos.

Sorry for all the photos, I just want to give you a good idea.

If she is pregnant, do I need to separate her right now because I don't have any other cages? Can she have her babies in the same cage as the other two girls or will that be bad? I am honestly really scared and confused now.

TiramisuTheMouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pregnant?

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner on Sat 17 Feb 2018, 10:57 pm

Yes, that looks like the classic pregnant "golf ball" shape to me! How long have you had her? Did she seem thinner when you first brought her home?

Angel Remembering: Violet, Snow, Holly, Lilac, Clover, Petal, Cotton, Sugar, Autumn, Sage, Rocky, Jack, Willow, Blossom, and Daisy
AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl on Sun 18 Feb 2018, 6:13 am

She looks pregnant to me too. I would start a baby calendar. Start counting each day from when you took her home. When you hit day 23, if nothing's happened, then she wasn't pregnant. But best to set her up in her own tank soon and prepare for babies.

Pisces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TiramisuTheMouse on Sun 18 Feb 2018, 12:05 pm

I only got her yesterday. Those pictures were from the travel carrier. I was able to go to my storage and get my old bin cage to put her in by herself. Thanks for the help.

TiramisuTheMouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Sun 18 Feb 2018, 2:22 pm

She looks a little pregnant, however, i have also seen mice that look like that that weren't pregnant. It's good that you separated her. Start a calendar, keep track of her for the next 21 days. After that you're in the clear. Just make sure she has a nice best. Try not to worry, we'll help you through it. I brought home a pregnant female last year, i actually had the best time with all the babies. And i was in a position to keep them all. Keep us updated. If she gets bigger, you may want to read through the breeding packet sticky, it will walk you through the whole thing.

Other pets: Little Buddy, Kevin (cats) Sherberta, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, Harold, Spike, Mia, Mim, Henrietta(hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas), Herman/Figaro Whooopers/Burlington (guinea pigs)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down