Is my new mouse pregnant?

Go down

Is my new mouse pregnant?

Post by casualmousemom on Fri 23 Feb 2018, 3:43 pm

I just got two new mice from the pet store today to join my little community. I now have 6 total including the new ones (all female). I am keeping my two new ones in a separate cage for a few days to let them get more comfortable and make sure they are healthy, they're still quite young. I was handling them a little and I noticed that one of them has a rather round abdomen/belly area, almost like two lumps on each side of her spine. When I lift up her tail I can clearly see her nipples but I cannot tell if they are more prominent than they otherwise would be, and no plug that would be visible after mating for a day or so, but if shes showing that would be long gone. All of my mice are female and my store separates gender early on, they only sell female animals to prevent accidents, but perhaps she was overlooked? I do not know for certain. I have owned mice for a while and if she were to have pups I would gladly care for them, but I am concerned for her health since she is so young. Her cagemate and her have gotten along perfectly since they have been home, they are both pretty mellow, but the one who might be preggers has been just sitting in the food bowl and napping (granted it s day time and they are adjusting). Am I just paranoid? Is there an easy way to tell if she is expecting? I am getting mixed messages from online resources. Any help is appreciated, I'm no expert, but I want to do all I can.

Here is a short video of her running on my leg for a better view of her.
casualmousemom
Jr Member
Jr Member

Gemini Stressed

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is my new mouse pregnant?

Post by River on Fri 23 Feb 2018, 4:43 pm

I can't tell for sure, but mice aren't pregnant very long. If its noticeable at all now you'll notice a definite pregnancy in about a week -- and babies within 21 days max.

River

Pisces Spaced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! on Fri 23 Feb 2018, 6:38 pm

I can't tell for sure either. Try to get another video or photo in 4 or 5 days so we can see her again then.
Rodents rock!

Happy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinchillasxoxo on Sat 03 Mar 2018, 2:34 pm

She looks like she could be pregnant to me. One of my females just had a litter this morning and she had those lumps at the end of week one. My advice is to keep an eye on her and keep her and the other female seperate for a couple more weeks. She could just be a bit porky!

Chinsxoxo
Chinchillasxoxo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down