Random Thoughts

Page 41 of 43 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42, 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner on Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:00 pm

Peachy wrote:I bought a new wheel at Pet Smart and the cashier asked what kind of pet it was for... apparently they ask because they won't sell it if it's for the wrong animal. Interesting news! lol
Whaaaat? That isn't always a good thing... If the wheel is an 8 inch wheel with a picture of a rat on it, are they going to tell you to get the 4 inch wheel because the 8 inch is too big? Confused

Angel Remembering: Violet, Snow, Holly, and Daisy
AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:25 pm

I have no idea, and also think that it's kind of goofy. If it's my pet I should be able to buy whatever I want! They've never done that any other time I bought a wheel, but one time they wouldn't sell me a mouse unless I drove home and got my ID to prove I was over 18. I was 24! I got my first mice when I actually was 18 and they didn't even ask for ID then. Rolling Eyes So I kind of think maybe I looked odd for buying an 8-inch wheel and a cat collar, or they really just want to make sure people don't try to give their pet the wrong wheel... like an 8-inch wheel to rats or guinea pigs.

Becky's Girls: Becky, Soong, Dotty, Tulip, Ladybug, Petunia, and Posey
Lulie's girls: Lulie, Pearl, Yoko, Cora, Dulcie, Dandy, and BumbleBee
Boys: Yoshi, Frog, and Mika
Peachy

Scorpio Dancing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! on Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:53 pm

I'm sure all pet stores are different but I've found that a lot of the advise pet shop employees offer isn't even correct. And I will say that most of the time when I buy anything from PetSmart the cashier most always makes small talk. So if I'm buying dog food, they ask what kind of dog do you have. If I'm buying Carefresh, they ask what type of pet do you have. I think they are told to do that to be friendly. I do remember though one time I was buying an aquarium for a gerbil I had years ago and this one girl that I tried to avoid whenever I was in PetSmart, she asked me about the aquarium and I said it was for a gerbil and she said that gerbils should not be in an aquarium and said that I should buy a cage. I told her that I had had gerbils for years and that I knew what I was doing. Then another time I was in PetSmart and was looking for Chinchilla sand (not dust) for my gerbils and all I saw they had was the dust. So I asked if they had Chinchilla sand and the girl said yes. I said that all I had seen on the shelves was Chinchilla dust. She said the sand and the dust are the same thing. So I just ignored her and left. Went home and ordered Chinchilla sand from Amazon. They are two different things, gerbils and hamster should not use the dust as it's too fine and will cause respiratory problems. Oh and lately this one girl asks me the same questions anytime I'm in there buying rodent supplies, she says what kid of pets do you have (this is when Pup was still alive) so I say I have a mouse, a gerbil, and a hamster. Then she asks, oh do they all live together? OMG!!! I say no, they can't live together as they would fight. Then she says she has two male rats and she was thinking about putting her hamster in with them. I said hamsters cannot live with rats as the rats will kill the hamster. She said yea I guess because the rats don't even get along with each other. And this is a PetSmart employee. Unbelievable!!! Wits End

Aries Caffeine Fix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:06 pm

Ugh, that's exactly what I was thinking too! I usually go to one Petco, not any other Petco or pet store. The manager knows me and is always interested to hear/learn/talk about mice as pets or whatever I happen to be there for. He's wonderful! I avoid talking to any other pet store employees as much as I can, mostly because I like to get in and out. Laughing

This cashier though, said, "I have to ask... what type of pet is this for?" and when I answered mouse she replied, "I had to ask, we just can't sell it if it's for the wrong pet." Shake head

Peachy

Scorpio Dancing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! on Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:15 pm

Peachy wrote:Ugh, that's exactly what I was thinking too! I usually go to one Petco, not any other Petco or pet store. The manager knows me and is always interested to hear/learn/talk about mice as pets or whatever I happen to be there for. He's wonderful! I avoid talking to any other pet store employees as much as I can, mostly because I like to get in and out. Laughing

This cashier though, said, "I have to ask... what type of pet is this for?" and when I answered mouse she replied, "I had to ask, we just can't sell it if it's for the wrong pet." Shake head

You should have said to her, oh then why do you sell cages for guinea pigs that are inhumanly too small? And why do you sell cages for rats that are inhumanly too small? Etc...............  LOL LOL

And I bet if you had gone in there and said, what size wheel should I get for a mouse? They would have probably recommended one that was too small.

Aries Caffeine Fix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:25 pm

Out of curiosity, what type of wheel was it?

I was going to say I've never had that happen... but I don't think I've ever bought a wheel in-store. Thinking

Twix, Bacon, Hashbrown, Daryl, Cheeseburger,
Seren, Celyn, and Hazel
CallaLily

Aquarius Wishful

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:36 pm

It's an All Living Things comfort wheel.

@Rodents Rock! Oh! What a brilliant response that would have been!! I wish I had the wit to come up with that sort of stuff in a timely manner, I always think of great answers when it's too late. Laughing

Off subject, anyone know of any exceptionally good cat collars? I can't seem to keep one on my littlest kitty. She loses them in no time, but she really needs one because she's a roamer. Usually I can get her in (and keep her in) for nighttime, but every summer she likes to take off and explore for a few days... Recently it was a whole week, the longest she's ever been gone! I don't want to keep buying new collars and tags every couple weeks. Crying or Very sad Plus, if she kept it on, people who find her might be able to call me to come get her. lol

Peachy

Scorpio Dancing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:58 pm

I've had zero luck keeping collars on cats. Let me know if you figure something out though!

Seren, Celyn, and Hazel
CallaLily

Aquarius Wishful

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner on Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:47 am

The cashiers are always basically silent in all the chain pet stores I've shopped at. They are silent the entire time, all they do is ask if I want to buy a bag, then I reply "No thanks"... And that's pretty much it.

A non-chain local store employee once tried to start a conversation. I was buying a bird ladder and some chews shaped like carrots. Lol, he said "So, you have a bird and a rabbit?", then I awkwardly replied "No, I have mice, they like bird ladders" Laughing Then there was was just silence until he said "Would you like receipt?". Rofl2

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:15 am

These ladies are so much fun to have in a cage. As soon as they know you're in the room they're all over the bars!

Cora is so sweet and patient. Climbing the bars we've got Pearl, Dandy and Dulcie.

Cora and Dandy.

Cora. Heart Eyes

Peachy

Scorpio Dancing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:33 am

That last pic! Heart Eyes They're all adorable.

Seren, Celyn, and Hazel
CallaLily

Aquarius Wishful

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! on Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:43 am

They are all so cute!!!

Aries Caffeine Fix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner on Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:37 am

I was trying to take pictures of some items I was going to sell. It's very hard to do that when you have a little hamster peeking at you from behind your white background begging for attention...

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:37 am

He wants to model and help you sell. lol
I have a similar distraction. How do you go about normal business when everyone is always so eager to see you! Even my fish follow me around. Laughing

Peachy

Scorpio Dancing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner on Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:27 am

He's so cute! When did you get a hamster? Is he yours? I had no idea you had a hamster!

Ok, I don't know much about hermit crabs, but I saw this while shopping around online, seriously? It's basically a crittertrail for hermit crabs! Don't they die without humidity? This is the oddest thing I've ever seen: https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/habitats-and-decor/terrariums/all-living-things-crab-shack-hermit-crab-habitat-5121024.html?utm_id=500%7Cpg94598%7C315819155979&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4LrPrZiS1QIVSIR-Ch2RaQrAEAQYBSABEgII5_D_BwE&lsft=utm_source%3Agoogle%2Cutm_term%3A5121024%2Cutm_medium%3Acpc%2Cutm_content%3AGSC%20-%20Brand%20-%20Specialty%20-%20Reptile%20%7C%20Habitats%20&utm_medium=cpc

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

Back to top Go down

Page 41 of 43 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42, 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top