Random Thoughts

Page 42 of 43 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by CallaLily on Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:27 am

@AnonymousMouseOwner wrote:
Ok, I don't know much about hermit crabs, but I saw this while shopping around online, seriously? It's basically a crittertrail for hermit crabs! Don't they die without humidity? This is the oddest thing I've ever seen:

They breathe with modified gills, so yes they can die without proper humidity. It's crazy that the site says that cage will keep crabs warm and humid....only if you keep it in a room that's the right temp and humidity. We're talking 75-85F and 70-80%+ humidity (preferably higher) for C. clypeatus. Other species need hotter and higher humidity.

And that's not even getting into the problem of way too small space, no room for deep enough substrate, for deep enough water dishes, plenty of extra shells, etc.

Twix, Bacon, Hashbrown, Daryl, Cheeseburger,
Seren, Celyn, and Hazel
CallaLily

Aquarius Wishful

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:50 am

@AnonymousMouseOwner wrote:He's so cute! When did you get a hamster? Is he yours? I had no idea you had a hamster!
We got her after the boy hamster my husband and I fell for didn't work out. We chased after hamsters all over the city before we got back to her! lol Her name is Rosie.

Peachy

Scorpio Busy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:44 am

@CallaLily wrote:
@AnonymousMouseOwner wrote:
Ok, I don't know much about hermit crabs, but I saw this while shopping around online, seriously? It's basically a crittertrail for hermit crabs! Don't they die without humidity? This is the oddest thing I've ever seen:

They breathe with modified gills, so yes they can die without proper humidity.  It's crazy that the site says that cage will keep crabs warm and humid....only if you keep it in a room that's the right temp and humidity. We're talking 75-85F and 70-80%+ humidity (preferably higher) for C. clypeatus.  Other species need hotter and higher humidity.

And that's not even getting into the problem of way too small space, no room for deep enough substrate, for deep enough water dishes, plenty of extra shells, etc.  

Wow. Not only are the poor crabs taken from the wild, but most of them are probably put in totally unsuitable cages like this too. How sad Sad Yeah, I think it's totally too small for anything, not just crabs! Tiny!

@Peachy wrote:
@AnonymousMouseOwner wrote:He's so cute! When did you get a hamster? Is he yours? I had no idea you had a hamster!
We got her after the boy hamster my husband and I fell for didn't work out. We chased after hamsters all over the city before we got back to her! lol Her name is Rosie.
Awh! She's so cute! I love cream colored hamsters, I was going to get a cream colored hamster when I was picking out my hammy, but Blue stole my heart instead. The pet shop employee even said "Yeah, I think he's the tamest one, too" when I picked Blue out. I just picked him without even holding any of the hamsters (I was too scared to touch them because of previous experiences I've mentioned before). I'm so glad I picked out such a sweet hamster, I love him so much! Also, your hammy stole my dog's name Laughing
When I was picking out my hamster, the discussion with the employee was too funny, but also nerve-racking because I was trying to get over my fear of hamsters biting. It went something like this:
Employee: *Opens tank and lifts hide up*
Me: *Watching all the hamsters to see which one has the best personality*
Employee: "For some reason the hamsters here always bite me"
Me: *Silence*
Employee: "I used to get my hamsters from Petco when I was a kid, and they never bit, but the ones here are mean"
Me: *Silence*
Employee: "Did you see one you wanted?"
Me: "The brown and white one"
Employee: "Ok, he seems like the tamest one out of all of them, too!"
Employee: *Gets box and scoops hamster up to avoid getting bitten*

That certainly did not help my fear of hamster bites, but oh well, it all worked out in the end Laughing

Angel Remembering: Violet, Snow, and Daisy
AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:54 am

Thankfully I had no previous hamster to be traumatized by! Teehee

Rosie (who got her name very quickly, before we even took her home!) was dubbed "the boringest pet in the world" for the first couple weeks. We never saw her because she always went to bed when she saw us. One night I woke up at like 2:30 and she was running on her wheel, I went to the bathroom, came back, and she was sleeping! Or "sleeping." Rolling Eyes

Now we actually see each other for more than a few seconds. And she sleeps in a corner so I occasionally get to walk in to find cute stuff like this

Peachy

Scorpio Busy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:53 am

I found a wild mouse group on Facebook, and I joined just for fun since I have my little injured wildie that is staying with me indefinitely. But some of the members keep perfectly healthy wild mice in tanks and then complain when they escape. It's so hard not to say, "Duh! They don't want to live in your stupid tank!"

That group also encourages housing different species of wild mice with fancy mice, which is not something I would advise but thought was kind of interesting!

Anyway, I'm torn on whether to stay or not. It makes me sad to see everyone celebrate when a wild animal is caught and returned "home". Thud

Peachy

Scorpio Busy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:08 pm

Yeah, I've been on a few Facebook Mouse groups with members that keep prefectly healthy wildies and wildies with fancies. Undecided I ended up leaving all but one but not just because of that. Mostly because I don't like groups that spam your friends newsfeeds every time you like or make a comment. Laughing

Seren, Celyn, and Hazel
CallaLily

Aquarius Wishful

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner on Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:40 pm

That sounds interesting, but that is very risky keeping wild mice with fancy mice... I dunno, I don't think you're doing any harm by staying, but if you don't like what you are seeing, then maybe it's best to leave.

I'm so excited because my dad finally got a live trap! He said if it doesn't work though, he's not going to use a live trap again. There might be a mouse inside the attic space in our house. This particular trap has bad reviews, but I didn't know that until I got home and looked it up online after buying.. Apparently mice are known to get caught in it, eat the bait, and escape... This is the one we got.
Please mousie, please go in the trap! It'll save your life! Two Thumbs
The reason we know there's something in the attic space is because there was a little hole in the ceiling that kept getting bigger and bigger. My dad stuffed cotton in the hole, and it disappeared, meaning something pulled it out of the hole....

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:48 pm

@Peachy wrote:
Now we actually see each other for more than a few seconds. And she sleeps in a corner so I occasionally get to walk in to find cute stuff like this

How did I miss this pic??  Heart Eyes wittle foots!  In Love

Seren, Celyn, and Hazel
CallaLily

Aquarius Wishful

Back to top Go down

Post by Mice Are Cute on Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:39 pm

One day I accidentally left the bag of mouse food on the floor, open. Guess what I see about a minute later? My dog, Hunter, with his face in the bag! Shocked I could hear little crunching sounds, and he seemed to be enjoying the food. It was the funniest thing! Laughing I had no idea if mouse food was ok for dogs or not but luckily he was fine.

Heart Heart Heart Heart

Remembering: Rainbow Angel Blondie  (Sweetest mouse ever!) 

Other Pets: Hunter (dog)
Mice Are Cute

Woot!

View user profile http://megansanimals.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:20 pm

My sister got into a fight with her roommate and moved back in with my parents, so her dog came back to me. But this time she's not leaving! lol

Lilly has a lot of hair loss on her back and is pretty thin. She got prednisone and is being treated for worms. On a whim I bought her a bag of one of Wellness Core's raw varieties of dog food, but it's expensive!

Since my cats love everything Nutro I'm considering trying that one for the dog too, but I would love to hear what other dog owners here feed their dogs. Smile

Peachy

Scorpio Busy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner on Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:51 pm

Nutro seems like a great dog food, I like that it has non-GMO ingredients Smile Personally, I'm not in charge of my dog's food, since she's a family pet. If I was though, I think I'd feed Nutro.

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:15 pm

I've fed Nutro before and my dogs really liked it. I think there were some recalls or something a few years back but stuff like that happens.

So last night one of the cats brought a gift to my middle son's room, mighty hunter that she is.  A snake!  She just brought it right up to him and dropped it on his bed. Giggle  We of course released it. Seemed stunned but otherwise uninjured as far as we could tell. Beautiful sort of copper-ish colored markings. I wish I had gotten a picture.

Seren, Celyn, and Hazel
CallaLily

Aquarius Wishful

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:45 pm

I saw these socks at Old Navy the other day and forgot to share. They came in either a 3 pack for $5  with cats, mice, and some other design I can't remember (maybe polkadots?) - or a 6 pack for $10 with various animals and dots.  I would have gotten them but we were school shopping (uniforms from Old Navy, supplies from Walmart) and that adds up so every dollar counts right now.

Seren, Celyn, and Hazel
CallaLily

Aquarius Wishful

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:10 pm

Those are the cutest! I lost my mouse socks from Christmas... can only find one. Sad

Look at this precious guy! I love him soooo much. We're celebrating 33 months!!
Party3 Kiss  Applause In Love Bliss Jump Hearts Party

Peachy

Scorpio Busy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:45 pm

Awww. Yoshi, right? Happy 33 months!! Dance Cheer Confetti Bday8

Seren, Celyn, and Hazel
CallaLily

Aquarius Wishful