Random Thoughts

Page 44 of 57 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 50 ... 57  Next

Go down

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Rodents rock! on Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:04 pm

@CallaLily wrote:Awww, look at Google's thingy today.  Heart


I saw that today at work and thought it was so cute! Made me smile Very Happy
avatar
Rodents rock!
Hero Member
Hero Member

Join date : 2016-06-27
Posts : 1611
Likes : 493

Happy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Peachy on Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:20 am

Oh my gosh! That's too cute. Love Our was pretty warm for the first day of fall, but it's supposed to cool down next week, I hear. Can't wait! Going to get the house all cleaned and organised for winter.

_________________
Always believe that something wonderful is about to happen. Dance in the Rain

Lulie, Pearl, Dulcie, Dandy and Tulip
Alex, Darcy, Vera and Verity
Mika, Milo, Atticus and Finnegan
avatar
Peachy
Moderator
Moderator

Join date : 2016-04-06
Posts : 2700
Likes : 739

Scorpio Musical

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Peachy on Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:28 pm

Stink bugs are attacking! It took them two years to get here from New York, but i hadn't noticed them until a couple years ago. If they've only been here for 5 years, I wonder how everyone knows that they're called stink bugs. I didn't know until I found them hibernating behind some curtains I was trying to wash and my husband told me. Maybe they were on the news. Scratch


Edit: Has the forum changed a bit? It's driving me crazy. I tried to fix it earlier, but I wonder if it's related to the new app availability. Sad

_________________
Always believe that something wonderful is about to happen. Dance in the Rain

Lulie, Pearl, Dulcie, Dandy and Tulip
Alex, Darcy, Vera and Verity
Mika, Milo, Atticus and Finnegan
avatar
Peachy
Moderator
Moderator

Join date : 2016-04-06
Posts : 2700
Likes : 739

Scorpio Musical

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by CallaLily on Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:02 pm

Other than the pop up for the app, I don't think anything's different....?

I found this at Wal-Mart today.

I didn't get it but I thought it was cute!

_________________
Tilda & Eulyn
Red Heart Mouse5 Mouse5 Red Heart
and wild mouse Henrika
Mouse12
avatar
CallaLily
Hero Member
Hero Member

Join date : 2016-04-03
Posts : 3130
Likes : 805

Aquarius Wishful

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by scaredymouse on Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:08 pm

I really miss the TFM set up. This forum is such a PITA to use from my phone :/

I used to be able to have a list of unread msgs that was there until I read them, no matter how many times I logged in or out. but this forum shows them too me when I log it but when I log out they are gone, and I have to go search for them. Sometimes I don't have time to read everything in one sitting! So if I ever miss anything... tag me or bump it... because i'm old and have issues Smile

_________________
Lady mice: Winnifred & Sally/Georgie & Harriet Potter, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Clementine
Gentleman mice:  Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Alexander, and Charlie
Natal multimammate mouse (ASF): Agatha
Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Sherberta, Gunther, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean.
avatar
scaredymouse
Moderator
Moderator

Join date : 2016-04-03
Posts : 2358
Likes : 687

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Peachy on Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:20 pm

The notification bar is gone or out of place or something (actually, right now it looks stretched out) and the text looks smaller. I can't put my finger on what else, maybe it's just my phone.

We should have gone with proboards. Tlhink it's too late to switch. Laughing


That mouse is super cute! I walked in on Christmas stuff last week and had a really gard time not running through it. I want to start buying tinsel and stuff. Bouncy

_________________
Always believe that something wonderful is about to happen. Dance in the Rain

Lulie, Pearl, Dulcie, Dandy and Tulip
Alex, Darcy, Vera and Verity
Mika, Milo, Atticus and Finnegan
avatar
Peachy
Moderator
Moderator

Join date : 2016-04-06
Posts : 2700
Likes : 739

Scorpio Musical

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Mice Are Cute on Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:01 pm

I know! My forum is acting the same way :/ I hope they get rid of the app availability, it driving me crazy!

_________________
Mice: Biggy 
Tail Flip   Jump Hearts  Tease   Mouse29  

Remembering: Rainbow Angel ]Blondie, Obi (Hamster), and Grayson  Heart Eyes

Other Pets: Hunter (dog) Kiss
avatar
Mice Are Cute
Sr Member
Sr Member

Join date : 2017-07-04
Posts : 232
Likes : 97

Pisces Inspired

View user profile https://thehappymilkshakeblog.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Peachy on Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:14 pm

I don't think the app is going anywhere. I do see now that it's the tacky app popup thing messing with the layout. It sucks that I just paid to keep ads disabled, and there's a stupid app ad. Rolling Eyes Since we can't see the notifications anyway, I might turn off the toolbar until they work out all the bugs. Let me know if anyone misses it. lol

Edit again... So "requesting desktop site" on Chrome actually fixes it! Just have to turn it off before you wander to any other pages.



_________________
Always believe that something wonderful is about to happen. Dance in the Rain

Lulie, Pearl, Dulcie, Dandy and Tulip
Alex, Darcy, Vera and Verity
Mika, Milo, Atticus and Finnegan
avatar
Peachy
Moderator
Moderator

Join date : 2016-04-06
Posts : 2700
Likes : 739

Scorpio Musical

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Mice Are Cute on Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:30 pm

@Peachy wrote:I don't think the app is going anywhere. I do see now that it's the tacky app popup thing messing with the layout. It sucks that I just paid to keep ads disabled, and there's a stupid app ad. Rolling Eyes Since we can't see the notifications anyway, I might turn off the toolbar until they work out all the bugs. Let me know if anyone misses it. lol

Edit again... So "requesting desktop site" on Chrome actually fixes it! Just have to turn it off before you wander to any other pages.


Cool! Since I started to use my iPad, my forum looks better, but that doesn't really help with the phone users  Waiting

_________________
Mice: Biggy 
Tail Flip   Jump Hearts  Tease   Mouse29  

Remembering: Rainbow Angel ]Blondie, Obi (Hamster), and Grayson  Heart Eyes

Other Pets: Hunter (dog) Kiss
avatar
Mice Are Cute
Sr Member
Sr Member

Join date : 2017-07-04
Posts : 232
Likes : 97

Pisces Inspired

View user profile https://thehappymilkshakeblog.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner on Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:09 pm

I used Zeta Boards to make a forum just for fun, never really did anything with it. I really liked that one though, it gave the forum a really professional look and acted nicely on both mobile and PC. The only con is that it had a really lame URL, that was not memorable at all. You could probably change the URL to a better one, but for a price Undecided

I think if you really want a forum completely customizable, your best bet is to learn PHP, the coding language widely used for forums. I tried for months to teach myself PHP, but ultimately gave up. It's a complicated language to learn. You'd need to know some HTML too, but that's as simple as coding gets, and isn't hard to learn at all.

But yeah, it's probably too late to change it now, I just like to talk about this sort of stuff lol. Coding is a fun challenge for me.

_________________




Angel Remembering: Violet, Snow, Holly, Lilac, Clover, and Daisy
avatar
AnonymousMouseOwner
Hero Member
Hero Member

Join date : 2016-06-13
Posts : 1616
Likes : 412

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Mice Are Cute on Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:23 pm

@AnonymousMouseOwner wrote:I used Zeta Boards to make a forum just for fun, never really did anything with it. I really liked that one though, it gave the forum a really professional look and acted nicely on both mobile and PC. The only con is that it had a really lame URL, that was not memorable at all. You could probably change the URL to a better one, but for a price Undecided

I think if you really want a forum completely customizable, your best bet is to learn PHP, the coding language widely used for forums. I tried for months to teach myself PHP, but ultimately gave up. It's a complicated language to learn. You'd need to know some HTML too, but that's as simple as coding gets, and isn't hard to learn at all.

But yeah, it's probably too late to change it now, I just like to talk about this sort of stuff lol. Coding is a fun challenge for me.
I agree, coding stuff is fun! I used to enjoy HTML (Hypertext markup language) which makes websites. To bad that HTML needs a host, so my informational mouse website needed to have a unchangeable URL. Here's the link if you want to make fun of my HTML skills lol https://micewithspice.bitballoon.com/ I'm still making updates to it  Very Happy

_________________
Mice: Biggy 
Tail Flip   Jump Hearts  Tease   Mouse29  

Remembering: Rainbow Angel ]Blondie, Obi (Hamster), and Grayson  Heart Eyes

Other Pets: Hunter (dog) Kiss
avatar
Mice Are Cute
Sr Member
Sr Member

Join date : 2017-07-04
Posts : 232
Likes : 97

Pisces Inspired

View user profile https://thehappymilkshakeblog.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner on Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:27 pm

@Mice Are Cute wrote:
@AnonymousMouseOwner wrote:I used Zeta Boards to make a forum just for fun, never really did anything with it. I really liked that one though, it gave the forum a really professional look and acted nicely on both mobile and PC. The only con is that it had a really lame URL, that was not memorable at all. You could probably change the URL to a better one, but for a price Undecided

I think if you really want a forum completely customizable, your best bet is to learn PHP, the coding language widely used for forums. I tried for months to teach myself PHP, but ultimately gave up. It's a complicated language to learn. You'd need to know some HTML too, but that's as simple as coding gets, and isn't hard to learn at all.

But yeah, it's probably too late to change it now, I just like to talk about this sort of stuff lol. Coding is a fun challenge for me.
I agree, coding stuff is fun! I used to enjoy HTML (Hypertext markup language) which makes websites. To bad that HTML needs a host, so my informational mouse website needed to have a unchangeable URL. Here's the link if you want to make fun of my HTML skills lol https://micewithspice.bitballoon.com/ I'm still making updates to it  Very Happy

You did well! That's a great first website! All it needs is a little more formatting, buttons instead of links, and a bg color! Smile

_________________




Angel Remembering: Violet, Snow, Holly, Lilac, Clover, and Daisy
avatar
AnonymousMouseOwner
Hero Member
Hero Member

Join date : 2016-06-13
Posts : 1616
Likes : 412

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Mice Are Cute on Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:30 pm

@AnonymousMouseOwner wrote:
@Mice Are Cute wrote:
@AnonymousMouseOwner wrote:I used Zeta Boards to make a forum just for fun, never really did anything with it. I really liked that one though, it gave the forum a really professional look and acted nicely on both mobile and PC. The only con is that it had a really lame URL, that was not memorable at all. You could probably change the URL to a better one, but for a price Undecided

I think if you really want a forum completely customizable, your best bet is to learn PHP, the coding language widely used for forums. I tried for months to teach myself PHP, but ultimately gave up. It's a complicated language to learn. You'd need to know some HTML too, but that's as simple as coding gets, and isn't hard to learn at all.

But yeah, it's probably too late to change it now, I just like to talk about this sort of stuff lol. Coding is a fun challenge for me.
I agree, coding stuff is fun! I used to enjoy HTML (Hypertext markup language) which makes websites. To bad that HTML needs a host, so my informational mouse website needed to have a unchangeable URL. Here's the link if you want to make fun of my HTML skills lol https://micewithspice.bitballoon.com/ I'm still making updates to it  Very Happy

You did well! That's a great first website! All it needs is a little more formatting, buttons instead of links, and a bg color! Smile
Very true... I never though of that! I hope my information is accurate, I haven't read through in a while. A made this last December, and Ives learned so much science than!

_________________
Mice: Biggy 
Tail Flip   Jump Hearts  Tease   Mouse29  

Remembering: Rainbow Angel ]Blondie, Obi (Hamster), and Grayson  Heart Eyes

Other Pets: Hunter (dog) Kiss
avatar
Mice Are Cute
Sr Member
Sr Member

Join date : 2017-07-04
Posts : 232
Likes : 97

Pisces Inspired

View user profile https://thehappymilkshakeblog.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Peachy on Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:31 pm

Yes, it probably would have been best to host it differently. What you can do on any of the free hosting sites is pretty limited. We rushed to find a new place to go as it was never really supposed to turn into a replacement for TFM... just somewhere to go so we could all keep in touch since not everyone wanted to join FB. lol It is what it is though, we'll have to make the best of it. Smile

_________________
Always believe that something wonderful is about to happen. Dance in the Rain

Lulie, Pearl, Dulcie, Dandy and Tulip
Alex, Darcy, Vera and Verity
Mika, Milo, Atticus and Finnegan
avatar
Peachy
Moderator
Moderator

Join date : 2016-04-06
Posts : 2700
Likes : 739

Scorpio Musical

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Mice Are Cute on Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:34 pm

Wow that last sentence has so many mistakes! *I made it last December and I have learned so much since than. Whoo that feels so much better!

_________________
Mice: Biggy 
Tail Flip   Jump Hearts  Tease   Mouse29  

Remembering: Rainbow Angel ]Blondie, Obi (Hamster), and Grayson  Heart Eyes

Other Pets: Hunter (dog) Kiss
avatar
Mice Are Cute
Sr Member
Sr Member

Join date : 2017-07-04
Posts : 232
Likes : 97

Pisces Inspired

View user profile https://thehappymilkshakeblog.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Page 44 of 57 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 50 ... 57  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum