Random Thoughts

Page 57 of 61 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61  Next

Go down

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner on Tue 13 Feb 2018, 7:57 pm

You can review pets on PetSmart, some of the reviews are pretty sad Sad

I can't believe that in just about 4 months, Blossom will be 2! She looks really good, too!

Angel Remembering: Violet, Snow, Holly, Lilac, Clover, Petal, Cotton, and Daisy
AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Blessed on Tue 13 Feb 2018, 8:17 pm

@AnonymousMouseOwner, wow...to those particular two Petsmart reviews. Razz Poor people; I wonder if they didn't research much about mice before getting them? Mice do stink, but generally bedding helps for a bit (but that also probably depends most on how many mice you have, and what gender, lol). And mice aren't the most cuddly, loving-to-their-owners pets around! I love pets who love their owners (though I still like mice)--but my two normal mice girls actually seem to be at the point where they're super sweet and friendly with me. Very Happy The good things about them is they're great budget pets, as @River pointed out one time, and they're pretty and soft... Okay, there's other good things about them, too, but I'm not naming them all. =P

And Blossom does look really good! Love

Blessed
Sr Member
Sr Member

Happy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by River on Tue 13 Feb 2018, 10:58 pm

Wow! She looks good. Graham will be two in about two months. Other than her itching...I am very impressed with her looks.

Mice are amazing pets in about every way possible. Graham was cuddly...and then she needed antibiotics so now I am just the mean scary medicine giver. I have betrayed her. Oops! I'll gain her trust back soon.

She has left her back alone for the past two days though, and her ear is scabbing over. She had to get to the muscle on both of them before she decided to stop. I hope she keeps healing!
River

Pisces Spaced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 5:58 am

Awww yay Blossom! She looks great. Cheer

CallaLily

Aquarius No Mood

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

Post by Blessed on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 8:13 pm

Whoa! Seven members on right the second! Very Happy (Counting me).

Blessed
Sr Member
Sr Member

Happy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blessed on Thu 22 Feb 2018, 2:44 pm

Last night I gave the girls French fries from Long John Silver's and McDonald's, and a piece of a hushpuppy from LJS, too. Very Happy They liked them all! Natalie is a bit reluctant to take unnatural/'strange' foods, though, but she usually does end up taking them. And then today, my sister made pancakes for her hamster, and the mice got two apiece. They enjoyed those, too! They're so spoiled. Razz It's just hard to resist to not give them treats, ya' know?

Blessed
Sr Member
Sr Member

Happy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by River on Sun 25 Feb 2018, 6:44 pm

I just found out my grandmother is adopting a blue and gold macaw soon! Very excited. I love birds, though I've never been able to interact with anything as big as these guys. I'm told her name is Rachel and for the most part she will free range my grandmothers house, so I'm quite happy for her. I'll show you pictures when I go meet her!

River

Pisces Spaced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by River on Mon 26 Feb 2018, 12:22 pm

Sorry to double comment but I found a mouse breeder in Orlando! They breed shows and fancies, have an adoption application and were willing to answer any questions I had. They even offered suggestions to aid Graham's recovery as I mentioned I wouldn't be adopting until her wounds are healed!

They are against paper bedding, though -- something about a respiratory risk I believe is related to the smell control -- which obviously I use with Grahams allergy to wood and all. I wonder if they'd still sell be willing to sell to me. We'll see! They seem very caring and smart with their animals, I hope it works out. They have show Merle pied mice...and dove pet lines. That's a lot of pretty healthy mice!
River

Pisces Spaced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Mon 26 Feb 2018, 5:41 pm

How exciting, River! I bet if you explained the wood allergy the breeder would either be OK with paper or have an alternative suggestion.

It's been one tumor right after another here. Cora, Ladybug, and now Dandy. I'm hoping so badly that no more pop up. In my eight years of mouse keeping I've only had 3 or 4 mice with (at least obvious) tumors... until this bunch. Phbbbt

~Pearl, Tulip & Finnegan~
~Alex, Vera & Verity~
~Milo~
Peachy

Scorpio Mellow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by River on Mon 26 Feb 2018, 7:12 pm

I've been wanting to try potting soil or hemp already. Hemp is impossible to find, though and I can't use soil until Grahams all healed up. I won't be adding a new one till then either though so I've got time.

I'm sorry about all the tumors. Sometimes we just get bad luck, I hope she lives a long happy life despite of it though. Where's it located?

Remembering Maier
River

Pisces Spaced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleCheeks on Mon 26 Feb 2018, 11:22 pm

So apparently dried bird poop is hard to remove from clothes - or at least hard enough that the washing machine doesn't cut it..

Note to self, check every inch of my clothes before chucking them in the washing basket to get washed..
AppleCheeks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by River on Mon 26 Feb 2018, 11:27 pm

Ha! Try carpet. I've had bird poop stains on my carpet for months now. No luck yet but I keep trying. I've learned to cover up.
River

Pisces Spaced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by River on Tue 27 Feb 2018, 5:28 pm

Someone is doing a mouse transport with breeders all the way from Florida to Tennessee! I've been in contact. One breeder participating has a fuzzy (near hairless) litter born a week ago, and she'll be getting back to me if there are any females she can spare from it. They'll be delivering on March 29th.

It seems I hit a sudden lucky spot with good breeders here. Hopefully she'll have a girl...I really love fuzzy mice! All the cuteness of a hairless but with far less eye problems.
River

Pisces Spaced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Sat 10 Mar 2018, 2:23 pm

This made me laugh. My truck's clock is going to be one hour ahead, subtract 13 minutes... just like it's been for the past six years. Silly

~Pearl, Tulip & Finnegan~
~Alex, Vera & Verity~
~Milo~
Peachy

Scorpio Mellow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop on Sat 10 Mar 2018, 2:38 pm

Yeah - the clock in my vehicle has been an hour and ten minutes ahead, natural time, ever since I bought it ... until just the last few weeks when it jumped up to an hour and thirteen minutes.  But after the switch it will be only thirteen minutes fast again.

One of the hazards of having a retired daddy is that he went through the house resetting all of the clocks on Friday while I was at work.  I got home from work late at night and didn't worry about setting the alarm on Friday night, since I wake up very early anyway.  And so I got up today, Saturday, got to going about my morning routine, ... and showed up for work an hour early!

MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop
Sr Member
Sr Member

Busy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 57 of 61 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61  Next

Permissions in this forum: