What are you doing today?

Page 4 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 41  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What are you doing today?

Post by CallaLily on Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:28 pm

I am being extra lazy today. Laughing  Treated ourselves to Greenwood chicken for lunch (if you ever drive through that DE town on the weekend on your way to the beach, it's a must stop. The volunteer firefighters run it).  It's the best!  We were invited to a BBQ today but, like I said being extra lazy today so we decided to skip it.

Twix, Bacon, Hashbrown, Daryl, Cheeseburger,
Seren, Celyn, and Hazel
CallaLily

Aquarius Wishful

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:11 pm

Those firetrucks are green!! Shock

It's kinda cool outside today, the weather is in the low 70s instead of high 80s, so we moved all the mice to the shed and painted the kitchen. It had blood on the walls from my kitty's face. It was kind of sad to paint over it, but it looks much better. Razz

Boys: Mika, Milo, and Wild Thing the Wild Mouse
Becky's Girls: Soong, Dotty, Tulip, Ladybug, and Petunia
Lulie's girls: Lulie, Pearl, Cora, Dulcie, and Dandy
Peachy

Scorpio Dancing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by River on Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:25 pm

Lucky you that its cold! Its been 94f all day here - feels more like 100+! Went to a theme park today - probably a bad idea, considering I'm still sick-ish. Not sure what it is - we're seeing a doctor when I get home. It was fun, nonetheless. Hot, though.
I've been coloring a lot - some "color your own: captain america, civil war" thing. Did I mention I love marvel? Team stark, though.

I've been looking into more colleges, as well, and there's one pretty close to home, so I'm excited to do more research on it. I'd hate to leave state - sadly, my current college of choice is all the way in Virginia. Sigh

Anyways.

That's all, from me.

Pisces Paranoid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:47 pm

Went to Lums Pond yesterday and walked 6.4 miles. I am sore today but mostly because I stupidly wore my sliders. Embarassed  It was beautiful though. Pics on my instagram if anyone is interested (link in my profile).  Didn't take any of the dogs this time but maybe next time.

Seren, Celyn, and Hazel
CallaLily

Aquarius Wishful

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl on Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:54 pm

Today I played pokemon go in my neighborhood for an hour (added Beedrill, Slowpoke, and Bellsprout to my dex), went to my piano lesson, and now I'm enjoying an art livestream from my favorite artist. And I'm leaving for work in a couple of hours! It feels good to be busy.

Check out my Etsy shop, CinnamonMouse Crochet!
CinnamonPearl

Pisces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:38 pm

Those pictures are wonderful, CallaLily! Applause
Last summer I walked on a trail with the dog, and she randomly went off into the grass and collapsed. She refused to budge for like 10 minutes, poor thing. Laughing

Today I'm mowing, finishing laundry, cleaning the girls, hopefully putting the baby to sleep, and hopefully being in front of the TV to watch The Fosters. Yay! lol
Peachy

Scorpio Dancing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf on Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:49 pm

We've been keeping up with The Great British Baking Show (known as the Great British Bake-Off in the UK, I believe), and we're trying to bake every technical challenge they do. Basically they're given a part of a recipe of a difficult baked item and have to try to make it. So last week we made Mary Berry's frosted walnut late cake. It turned out well, but it was really sweet. We had to make 2 different types of icing! It was crazy.
Anyway, we were planning to make the biscuits they made on Sunday today, but I don't think we'll be able to have time to make them today :/

(I'm currently donating 25% of proceeds to my local low-cost spay/neuter clinic!)
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

View user profile http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:00 pm

Thank you, Abeona.

Artist, that sounds like fun! (and yummy Cookie )

Seren, Celyn, and Hazel
CallaLily

Aquarius Wishful

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse on Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:47 am

I'm addicted to Explore.Org's Live Bird Cams, especially the Puffins and Ospreys, so  today was a big day: the three osprey chicks were successfully banded (2 male, 1 female) and all of us who follow the site are eagerly awaiting the video of the banding! The nest is very high up on a platform so the researchers have to use a series of extension ladders to reach it. The parents see them coming and call out an alarm to have the chicks "pancake", just go flat; this allows the chicks to easily be picked up, hooded and placed in a carryall to be transported to the ground. Once there, each is measured, weighed and both legs are banded (one band contains info re the nest site and the other band IDs the particular bird). The chicks are rehooded, placed back in the carryall and returned to the nest, still "pancaking." Once the human is back on the ground, Rachael (Mama Osprey, Steve is the Dad) immediately descends to the nest from her even higher viewing perch to make sure the kids are alright. We're all agog waiting to learn which chick is which (the names were voted on a while back so are Eric, Little B and Spirit boys or girls?).

Update: Chicks are 2 males, 1 female and we viewers were spot on in deciding that the last-hatched feisty chick, Spirit, was a girl!

Last edited by MesaMouse on Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional info)

MesaMouse

Libra Amused

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:39 pm

I loved keeping up with the Decorah eagle cams a while ago. So neat!

Today I'm working hard on my aversion to shorts. It's been like 13 years since I wore anything shorter than capris. Laughing
Peachy

Scorpio Dancing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf on Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:50 pm

My mom never wears shorts because she got a malignant melanoma a few years back. Luckily she caught it in time! It's actually a bit of an interesting story—she found it on her leg and thought it was strange (she's trained as an esthetician/beauty therapist... Basically she can do massages and skin care and waxing & whatnot so she knew this was strange). So she went to her skin doctor, who said it was nothing. But she was worried so she went to a different skin Doctor and he took one look at it and said that she needed go get it removed ASAP. I was too young to be worried though XD

(I'm currently donating 25% of proceeds to my local low-cost spay/neuter clinic!)
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover on Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:25 pm

Wow Artistwolf! Good job your Mom went for a second opinion!

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:13 pm

Goodness, Artist! I'm glad everything turned out okay with your mom!

The brakes on my truck aren't working, but Evan doesn't know how to do drum brakes, so tomorrow we're going to do them together with a YouTube video. Such a funny DIY. Laughing
Peachy

Scorpio Dancing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl on Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:22 pm

I'm spending the evening drawing pokemon and watching some game grumps. I just had a really good idea for a story- a little bit of Undertale and Pokemon Mystery Dungeons somehow meshed together and inspired a good idea. I'm working out the kinks now.

Check out my Etsy shop, CinnamonMouse Crochet!
CinnamonPearl

Pisces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf on Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:10 am

@MouseLover wrote:Wow Artistwolf! Good job your Mom went for a second opinion!
Yeah... Needless to say, she never went back to the first doctor!

Artistwolf

Aries Busy

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 41  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top