Meet Domino, my new hammy!

Go down

Meet Domino, my new hammy!

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner on Sat 24 Mar 2018, 2:40 am

Today I adopted a hammy from someone on Craigslist. They said their son had owned him for 2 months, but he didn't have time to care for him anymore. When they first got him, he lived in this cage for a while (here's a photo of it next to a standard pair of scissors, and next to his new home, a 40 gallon for comparison):

That cage measures in at 54 square inches. (9" x 6")

Later, they realized it just looked too small for him, so they made him a cage out of mesh and wood. The homemade cage was a bit bigger than a 10 gallon, so definitely better, but still not ideal.

When I took him home and put him in his new tank, he immediately started to run around, and when he discovered he could burrow, he did so very happily!

When he found the wheel, the first thing he did was let out a big stretch, then he didn't want to stop running, and ran for hours!

He was very happy to find some treats and food later on, his previous diet consisted of brightly colored pellets and lots of vegetables.

Welcome home, Domino!

Angel Remembering: Violet, Snow, Holly, Lilac, Clover, Petal, Cotton, Sugar, Autumn, and Daisy
AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ

Back to top Go down

Re: Meet Domino, my new hammy!

Post by scaredymouse on Sat 24 Mar 2018, 3:37 am

I love him!

Other pets: Little Buddy, Kevin (cats) Sherberta, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, Harold, Spike, Mia, Mim, Henrietta(hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas), Herman/Figaro Whooopers/Burlington (guinea pigs)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Sat 24 Mar 2018, 10:13 am

Oh my goodness he’s so pretty! Heart Eyes

That cage is ridiculous. Shocked I think it would only be useful pulled apart to add some side ventilation to a bin cage and turn the base into a small platform.

Gerbils: Oghren & Merin, Hershey & the Oliebollen Boys, Emrys & Cream
+3 babies!
Hamster: Daydream
CallaLily

Aquarius Spooky

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner on Mon 26 Mar 2018, 4:44 am

@scaredymouse wrote:I love him!
I love him too!  Smile Thank you!

@CallaLily wrote:Oh my goodness he’s so pretty! Heart Eyes

That cage is ridiculous. Shocked  I think it would only be useful pulled apart to add some side ventilation to a bin cage and turn the base into a small platform.
Thank you! He is Love

Haha, I know. I was thinking It'd work well as a cage for the mice while their cage is being cleaned, so I cleaned it out and put Rocky in it while I was cleaning his cage tonight. He just looked at me like this and started bar chewing:

I didn't put much in it for him to do though, so he probably was just anxious to get out Laughing Next time I'll put more toys for him to play with while I'm cleaning his cage, not much fits in there though, lol.

Some more photos! Smile

Angel Remembering: Violet, Snow, Holly, Lilac, Clover, Petal, Cotton, Sugar, Autumn, and Daisy
AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Mon 26 Mar 2018, 9:39 am

What a cutie!

~Alex, Verity, Tulip & Finnegan~
~Milo~
Peachy

Scorpio Mellow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! on Fri 18 May 2018, 2:33 pm

I know I'm a little late to this thread but I just wanted to say that Domino is adorable!!! Great name too! How is he doing?
Rodents rock!

Happy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner on Fri 18 May 2018, 5:50 pm

@Rodents rock! wrote:I know I'm a little late to this thread but I just wanted to say that Domino is adorable!!! Great name too! How is he doing?
Thank you! He was a cutie, but unfortunately, he passed away suddenly last month for unknown reasons. Angel I made a memorial topic on another forum explaining what happened here: http://hamsterhideout.com/forum/topic/145951-goodbye-domino/

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! on Fri 18 May 2018, 7:16 pm

@AnonymousMouseOwner wrote:
@Rodents rock! wrote:I know I'm a little late to this thread but I just wanted to say that Domino is adorable!!! Great name too! How is he doing?
Thank you! He was a cutie, but unfortunately, he passed away suddenly last month for unknown reasons. Angel I made a memorial topic on another forum explaining what happened here: http://hamsterhideout.com/forum/topic/145951-goodbye-domino/

Awww, I'm so sorry about that. I will read your attachment.
Rodents rock!

Happy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum