Tank Topper?

Go down

Tank Topper?

Post by Winter Moose on Sun 25 Mar 2018, 7:44 pm

Currently Moose is about 6 months old, and I don’t have a lot of extra floor space for a tank upgrade. I’ve been looking into good tank toppers for a 10 gallon Ear wiggle , but I’m not sure which ones have the best features and correct bar spacing. Also, the ones I’ve seen are 35-40 dollars, are there cheaper options? Do you recommend a different upgrade? Can anyone give advice/links?

Thanks all.

Winter Moose

No Mood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tank Topper?

Post by Winter Moose on Mon 26 Mar 2018, 12:04 pm

I forgot to add, I have an old critter trail that I could attach to the tank. I suppose that’s another option but I’m not sure if that would make it more difficult for me to feed/clean.

Any advice or options would be great.

Winter Moose

No Mood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fukari on Wed 11 Apr 2018, 8:40 pm

Well, I got a 20 gallon tank upgrade for my mouse a few weeks ago - which also came with air holes, oddly. So he can enjoy his space without any problems.
I definitely suggest you get a 10 or 20 gallon, but I don't have any insight on the right tank toppers.
My tank was in the 30 dollar range, and its a 20 gallon, so it was quite cheap. I got mine at Petsmart, if that helps.
I do think you should add the crittertrail to it. I myself have a few old crittertrail cages, and the parts work well with a tank, believe it or not. I've used a extra accessory kit to make an underground tunnel for my mouse under the bedding, so the crittertrail definitely is useful!
Fukari
Jr Member
Jr Member

Artistic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jadamouse on Thu 12 Apr 2018, 2:05 am

tank toppers dont really add to the floorspace of the cage, so getting a larger tank is definitly a better option in this case. tank toppers only really provide extra climbing space and ventilation, not much else. i probably would avoid using the crittertrail if this was me, and would just use it as a travel cage, but this is just my opinion. i dont really know much about tank toppers but in my opinion a bigger tank or cage is a better option Smile

Remembering: ~Milly~ ~Jazz~ ~Jem~ ~Oreo~

Smile Angel Smile
Jadamouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

Cancer Fine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down