Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boys Living Together

Go down

Boys Living Together Empty Boys Living Together

Post by nimnim123 on Sun 08 Apr 2018, 7:45 am

Hey everyone! Currently I own one boy who lives on his own named Storm, but now I’m adopting a pair of boys. Their current owners have them housed together and says it works just fine but I’m still concerned. Do you think it’s safe to keep them together? Should I keep them together and just see what happens? I’ve heard that boys should never be together but I’m hoping they continue to get along so I don’t have to purchase an extra cage for them. Any thoughts on the situation and much appreciated. Thank you!
nimnim123
nimnim123

Back to top Go down

Boys Living Together Empty Re: Boys Living Together

Post by Peachy on Sun 08 Apr 2018, 9:28 am

How old are these boys?

I got my two baby boys neutered so they could live with my girl colonies. They stayed together until it was time, but they fought all. the. time. And they were just newly weaned! I don't think I could ever keep boys together long term. It'd be nerve wracking. Laughing
Often boys will get along fine until one day, one does something that annoys the other, and it's on. If you're lucky it's a minor squabble and life goes on, less lucky someone gets badly injured or killed.

Ultimately it's up to you if you observe and be ready, or just head off any problems.
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Caffeine Fix

Back to top Go down