Gerbil

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Gerbil

Post by Peachy on Wed 16 May 2018, 9:33 am

Exciting!! I hope Oghren will come around. I never had to intro, the shelter never got babies before Polly was too old. I know some people just let them live permanently split if they don't seem to settle, though. Wish we could do that for mice without stressing them out! lol

~Pearl, Tulip & Finnegan~
~Alex, Vera & Verity~
~Milo~
Peachy

Scorpio Mellow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! on Fri 18 May 2018, 2:26 pm

Hi CallaLily,
Not sure if you remember but I've had gerbils in the past. They are a lot of fun! I had adopted a lone male, Pip, from the Humane Society. He was the sweetest boy. I didn't want him to live his life alone so I contacted a breeder and got a tiny baby boy, Pup. I did the split cage and Pip didn't show any aggression at all, so the next day I took out the divider, I was so nervous. Pip immediately started grooming Pup. From that day on, that was Pip's baby. I was so impressed at how caring Pip was towards Pup. He was so attentive to Pup. Good luck with your introductions, I hope it goes well.
Rodents rock!

Happy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Fri 18 May 2018, 7:38 pm

Hi Rodents rock!  I do remember hearing about Pip and Pup. Good to hear intros can go so smoothly. Oghren seems to have settled in after that first hour or so. No more lunging at the divider. I’m not sure if I’m seeing any bonding behavior between the divider yet though. But I’m hopeful!  I’m going to start swapping sides and see where it goes from there. Thanks!

CallaLily

Aquarius No Mood

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! on Fri 18 May 2018, 7:44 pm

Yes, swapping sides is a great idea. Looking forward to hearing more about them. All three of them are so cute!
Rodents rock!

Happy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Sat 19 May 2018, 1:44 pm

I'm loving your gerbs

Other pets: Little Buddy, Kevin (cats) Sherberta, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, Harold, Spike, Mia, Mim, Henrietta(hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas), Herman/Figaro Whooopers/Burlington (guinea pigs)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum