Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will he be okay?

Go down

Will he be okay? Empty Will he be okay?

Post by PrincessPets on Thu 03 May 2018, 12:04 pm

Hi,
I am getting a male mouse in a few weeks from a breeder.My hamster currently has mites and has to have 3 doses of ivermectin 2 weeks apart.I was worried about the baby mouse getting the mites so I messaged the breeder asking if she could look after him until my hamster is better.Unfortunatley she could not do that but said she would give the mouse a preventative dose of ivermectin.Will this stop him from getting the mites?His cage would be at the other side of the room on a table.I can’t put him in another room as my room is the only suitable room.It would be to noisy in the living room.My Hamster has had her first treatment and cage/area disinfectent yesterday.She will probably have one more before I get the mouse.When the mouse is here she will probably only have her third treatment to go.I would appreciate some advice:)
Thanks,
Em x

PrincessPets

Back to top Go down

Will he be okay? Empty Re: Will he be okay?

Post by CallaLily on Thu 03 May 2018, 3:45 pm

With the breeder treating as a preventative and you being mostly done with your hamster’s treatment, I would think you’d be fine.

There's more on treating mice for mites in this thread: https://www.petmousefanciers.com/t17-itching-hair-loss-and-parasites.

CallaLily

No Mood

Back to top Go down

Post by PrincessPets on Thu 03 May 2018, 8:01 pm

Thanks this is very helpful:)

PrincessPets

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum