My Mouse Dossier

Reply to topic

Go down

My Mouse Dossier

Post by chiroptera on Tue May 15, 2018 6:45 pm

Tabby's Moussier

A thread for me to put all my mice, show them off, link to their galleries, etc. Smile

Just a little bit about me: I'm Tabby, she/her, 22, a Pennsylvanian now living in Texas. I love animals and nature, writing, bats, videogames, my pets, drawing, and animals, and I'm usually wasting time on the Internet. You can find me online under the names: Noivurn, chiroptera/chiropterra/chiropterran, or gruntsmom

I've had mice on and off since I was in ~2nd grade, and got back into mousekeeping in the Summer of 2017, after an impromptu/accidental move to Texas that my pets cemented. Yahtzee and Trouble were these girls, who re-opened my eyes to having mice. They're both over the rainbow bridge now, but they'll always be in my heart.

If curious, here is me (with Trouble):

Last edited by chiroptera on Wed May 16, 2018 10:16 am; edited 2 times in total

Love mouse mom to Checkers, Clue, Mahjong, Dragon, and Pumpkin Love
Angel remembering Trouble + Yahtzee Angel
~Mouse Dossier~

Cool ~gamer girl gallery~ Cool
Yellow heart ~pumpkin patch~ Yellow heart
chiroptera
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Batty

View user profile https://gruntsmom.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: My Mouse Dossier

Post by chiroptera on Tue May 15, 2018 9:07 pm

The Girls

My female mice, organized by colony.

The Gamer Girls

Gamer Girls Gallery

Checkers

(Checkers Backgammon Mouse)
gallery

The third of the Gamer Girls, I got her to balance out the colony. (Or so I tell myself, despite their never being a lick of aggression between Trouble and Yahtzee  Rolling Eyes) She's a cuddlebug, and really loves to hide in my hair. She's named Checkers because her spots look similar to a checkerboard!

Clue

(Clue-Do Solitaire Mouse)
gallery

I got Clue and Mahjong together in January of 2018, because the two of them were too cute and I'm weak I couldn't choose. I've always loved PEW mice, and Mahjong was a too-cute little fluffball. Clue is more reserved, and is shy at first but will cuddle up in your hair or clothes once she gets comfortable.

Mahjong

(Mahjong Parcheesi Mouse)
gallery

Mahjong weaseled her way into my heart with her charm and good looks. She's a little troublemaker, but she's cute as pie and she knows it. She was a bit of a bully at first, but now seems to be settling in and behaving (most of the time). She sure is a beautiful little mouse, though!

Dragon

(Dungeons-and-Dragon Pinetree Mouse)
gallery

Dragon was (admittedly) impulse-adopted after Trouble passed away, with another mouse who unfortunately had to be rehomed. She's a very tough looking mousie, but was very scared at first, and would cry whenever one of the other girls touched her. She's settling in now and has actually been trying to dominate her sisters!

Last edited by chiroptera on Wed May 16, 2018 9:26 am; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : Updates)

~Mouse Dossier~

chiroptera
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Batty

Back to top Go down

Post by chiroptera on Tue May 15, 2018 9:14 pm

The Boys

My male mice! On their own, since they can't cohabitate.

Pumpkin

(Pumpkin Harvest Mouse)
gallery

Pumpkin was an "Oops!" at an all-female PetSmart. He got another mouse pregnant in shipment, and of course had to be separated. He was stuck at the store for months, looking so round and cute and sad, and after leaving to visit my family in PA for the holidays and coming back to him still there, now without a wheel in his cage, we finally caved. My roommate and I adopted him together, and now he has a happy home to run to his heart's content. We're still working on taming him; he's still very skittish, but he's definitely making progress!

Last edited by chiroptera on Wed May 16, 2018 9:37 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Updates)

~Mouse Dossier~

chiroptera
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Batty

Back to top Go down

Post by chiroptera on Tue May 15, 2018 9:18 pm

Over the Rainbow Bridge

My mice who have passed on. I'll always remember them, and their little grabbies will forever have my heart.

Trouble

(Trouble Perfection Mouse)
May 2017 - Feb 2018

Trouble was my heart mouse, and the reason I got back into mousekeeping. My roommates and I were at the pet store, getting food for their rats, when I realized there was a mouse stuck under a food bowl that was upside down. So, I asked an employee to flip it over in case she was really stuck, and when she did, I fell in love. There was Trouble, all dazed and confused and beautiful. I named her "Trouble", since (at the time) I thought she would be the troublemaker of the group. Along with her, I adopted her sister, Yahtzee so that she would have company. A little while after I got her, she developed a head tilt, we think because of an ear infection. The vet gave us some medicine, which seemed to help, but her tilt didn't ever go away completely. But that was okay, she was my beautiful, perfect waltzing daughter. She passed away in my hands in February.

Yahtzee

(Yahtzee Monopoly Mouse)
May 2017 - April 2018
gallery

I got Yahtzee as a companion for Trouble; her brindled coat and cute little face endeared me almost as much as Trouble did. She was actually far more mischievous than Trouble was, and was less of a cuddlebug, but she was still a sweet, sweet girl. She was my roommate's favorite, and of course I loved her too. She and Trouble were extremely close and never fought or squabbled! As brindled mice tend to be, Yahtzee was a bit chubby, but she loved to run on her Silent Spinner and was an acrobatic girl nonetheless. She passed away in late April of 2018, for unknown reasons. She was my favorite professional morb, and she's greatly missed.

Last edited by chiroptera on Wed May 16, 2018 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updates)

~Mouse Dossier~

chiroptera
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Batty

Back to top Go down